PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Year a house was built???

Guys,
Can you help me? I need to find out when my property was built? Can i do it over the net? I have asked the EA thats selling me it but the dont know. I cant ask my solicitors yet as they cant do the searched until two weeks.

Help!!!

:xmastree:

Comments

• Loui1979 wrote:
    Guys,
    Can you help me? I need to find out when my property was built? Can i do it over the net? I have asked the EA thats selling me it but the dont know. I cant ask my solicitors yet as they cant do the searched until two weeks.

Help!!!

:xmastree:

http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk/

It will cost you £2.
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • Loui1979
    Loui1979 Posts: 138 Forumite
    ive found A COMPLETLY FREE WAY.

YipEEEEEEEEEEEEE :snow_laug :snow_laug :snow_laug :snow_laug :snow_laug :snow_laug :snow_laug
  • Loui1979
    Loui1979 Posts: 138 Forumite
    ok, go into https://www.esure.com then Home insurance as if you were going to get a quote for Home insurance. Then enter your details - you house number then its postcode. Once you have completed the info go to next and the rest of your address comes up automatically, Wait for it........... INCLUDING THE YEAR IT WAS BUILT.

HOW MAD IS THAT? SORRY I DIDNT FIND THIS OUT BEFORE TO ALL THAT HAVE SPENT MONEY ON THE LAND REGISTRY WEBSITE.

P.S HOPE YOU ALL GIVE ME A BIG THANKS!
    :xmassign: :snow_laug :snow_grin :xmassmile :xmastree: :rudolf: :santa2: :p
  • Loui1979 wrote:
    ok, go into www.esure.com then Home insurance as if you were going to get a quote for Home insurance. Then enter your details - you house number then its postcode. Once you have completed the info go to next and the rest of your address comes up automatically, Wait for it........... INCLUDING THE YEAR IT WAS BUILT.

HOW MAD IS THAT? SORRY I DIDNT FIND THIS OUT BEFORE TO ALL THAT HAVE SPENT MONEY ON THE LAND REGISTRY WEBSITE.

Sorry to upset you, but the dates are not necessarily right on there. It's got my house showing as being built in 1920, when it was built in 1870 (i have photocopies of the deeds to see when it was built.
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • Loui1979 wrote:
    ok, go into https://www.esure.com then Home insurance as if you were going to get a quote for Home insurance. Then enter your details - you house number then its postcode. Once you have completed the info go to next and the rest of your address comes up automatically, Wait for it........... INCLUDING THE YEAR IT WAS BUILT.

Hi Loui1979,

Just tried this and my house came up as constructed in 1980, but it was constructed in 1998 for sure as I watched it being built bit by bit over the months!!

That was 18 years out, so be careful if the actual year is important to you.

Cheers Debs :santa2:
  • sharonB
    sharonB Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Loui1979 wrote:

Please dont take the information you have been given by that quote ... I just tried it and it says our house was built in 1979 , well the previous tennent here lived here since it was built 42 years ago .

that site only goes by the postcode not a proper register
  • Sorry to upset you, but the dates are not necessarily right on there. It's got my house showing as being built in 1920, when it was built in 1870 (i have photocopies of the deeds to see when it was built.

Ditto :xmassign:
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Same here too. Says mine was built in 1920 but actually it was built in 1896.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • nickinoo
    nickinoo Posts: 617 Forumite
    It doesn't work for me either :( It says my house was built in 1920 but when we bought it in 96 we were told it was at least 120 years old.
  • Murray
    Murray Posts: 622 Forumite
    I think that it only goes back to 1920 beacuse it came up with that for our house and it was more like 1870. It also said it was detached and its actually a terrace!

Maybe anything pre 1920 is in the same risk category for insurance purposes??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure