Would you go to a concert on your own?

Comments

• audio99 wrote: »
    Hi. I am a female in my mid 20's and I have been to a concert and comedy show tour thingy alone and trust me it is FINE!!! I am very shy and was so worried about going alone but when you get there it is fine. Everyone else is there for the same thing..to enjoy the show. And yes during intervals it may get boring but go to the bar and get yourself a drink. You don't need to be attached to a friend at these things and like other people here have said you make friends and talk to other people there. Honestly it is not a big deal. I am actually going to see Beyonce by myself after having a similar issue with my friend. Go for it you will not regret it, it's actually liberating. My motto is... you go alone and have an awesome time, amazing memories and seeing an artist you like or you stay at home and wonder what if? or I wish.

Enjoy!!!! x

I completely agree! I just hope I can get a ticket :(.
  • Souk08
    Souk08 Posts: 3,240 Forumite
    I agree with most of the others. Absolutely go alone if you can get a proper ticket. Either that or you'll miss out and life's too short for that!
    'The road to a friends house is never long'
  • I've been to see loads of bands on my own. I actually prefer it as I'm not worrying that I've lost my friends in the crowd or that they are going to be moaning about where we stand.

I saw Patrick Wolf before Christmas and that was the first seated gig I've been to on my own. The venue had a car park next door so I drove myself, parked up, went in and got a drink and then it was 5 minutes until he came on stage so I just found my seat. Was a great gig!

I don't know if beyonce will be seated or standing, but either way the venues will be so big there won't be much time to be worried that you are on your own. Probably take half hour to get to the bar!
  • Saturnalia
    Saturnalia Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    Thanks - this is what I was hoping for, hearing from people that had went to big concerts alone! Did you feel safe?

Yes, I've always felt safe at big gigs. Security at the venue is tight and if you are using public transport late on after the gig, there are 1000s of others heading in the same direction.

I was a tiny bit nervous about seeing Oasis on my own as I thought it would be a laddy crowd, but it was a really good atmosphere. And many of the fans were 30s-40s and up and came with their own teen children.
    Public appearances now involve clothing. Sorry, it's part of my bail conditions.
  • When will you get a chance to see her again?I would go,but personally would not be happy buying a ticket on the black market.
  • The lowest priced tickets, around £60 but all official tickets are completely sold out now. And to get two tickets on the black market works out even more expensive per person than buying one ticket on the black market basically because most people are unlikely to go alone.

I'd say £160 is my upper price limit, I can't afford to pay more than that.

So you could have got one each and your friend just paid you the £60? And still have not busted your budget.

Anyway...

I've been to loads of concerts on my own. Most have been indie, rock or metal. I've only once felt 'unsafe' and that was VoiVod at the Marquee. But that was sorted by walking to the other side of the venue.

But...

Beyonce - really? I'd pay £100 to get her to leave any concert I was at

And

Beyonce - rowdy?
    Sanctimonious Veggie. GYO-er. Seed Saver. Get in.

• Beyonce - rowdy?

That made me :rotfl:
  • Nope. It's not weird. It's not anymore dangerous than anywhere else.

I come home from gigs at silly o clock carrying my bass and dragging an amp on a trolley. I'm still alive. Sometimes I go to the gigs instead of taking part. I'm fine.

Like any travelling alone at night, don't wear stupid shoes, know where you're going and how to get back.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've done it loads, i usually end up chatting to other fans at the gigs i go to, most are friendly enough. :)
  • Saturnalia
    Saturnalia Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    Yep, Funky Bold Ribena is right (and s/he has the coolest username!). I can't quite picture Beyonce fans being the rowdy moshing & headbanging types!

I chatted to my housemate who often goes to metal gigs by herself and she says she's always felt safe there. She says the night bus home from work is scarier than being in a crowd of metal-heads.
    Public appearances now involve clothing. Sorry, it's part of my bail conditions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure