PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    cammumof3 wrote: »
    HI all

JUst wondering if all the recipes from people go on to the list at the begenning of all the pages. Does that make sence.
    Caz

Yes, should do, but if you notice one that's slipped through the net, let AngelNikki know and she'll add it on for you.
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • morning all

off work today as feel absolutely atrocious! didn't get much sleep and OH told me there was no way he was letting me go to work. :) isn't he a sweetie!!

my plan for today is to sleep on the sofa if i can stop coughing and try and eat sthg, i'm thinking scrambled eggs but i've not even got the energy to decide.

ioiwe x

ps, where is the sun?????
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Herbaholic
    Herbaholic Posts: 304
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    gillaman wrote: »
    Herbaholic – for info about herbs – any idea why both my rosemary plants in tubs have been looking yellow all summer. One’s prostrate, one’s upright. They’re not overwatered.

My ginger rosemary looked like that at the start of the year! It had been in a pot and had got too wet and moss had grown around the top! :eek: I removed the top inch of compost removing all the moss and topped it back up with fresh compost, gave it a drink and popped a slow release plant food tablet in.

If the leaves are yellow it could be down to lack of water, yes I know that sounds odd as most people think herbs don't need a lot of water. But if you have herbs like rosemary and bay in pots and they get too dry they will pout. sulk and turn yellow! Also if you used garden soil in the pots and you have a soil type that is dry and sandy then the rosemary can get too dry and that can lead it to turn yellow. It could also be down to nutrient deficiency, give the plants a little general purpose fertiliser in (only do this once mind, herbs don't like to be fed to often, some not at all). If the rosemary are in pots then I'd water every 3 days after the liquid feed and things should improve in a couple of weeks. Hope that helps?

Herby
    NSD Challenge 2010:Jul 12/12 ;); Jun 21/14 :T; May : 6/6 :D
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 :cool:; Jun £278.86/£275.00 :mad:; May £276.13/£280.00 :T
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone just back from my hols which were great.No way I'm trying to catch up on posts as July would be over by the time I'd finished! Moniker I found if you use cooled boiled water from the kettle to dilute milk it solves the problem of going off too quickly.Hit Mr T for 8 bags of reduced stuff last night for £12 then discovered I was o/charged so an extra £4 came off that.One happy bunny.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Denise – sorry to hear you are having a crap day, I know exactly what you mean with DH, as mine is still only doing weekly work. So don’t worry you are not moaning that’s what we are all hear for. Dink1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    funny-pictures-kitten-hug-1.jpg
    GOOD AFTERNOON ALL

Denise did you try that yoghurt cake ,,I am doing it this afternoon will let you know what happens

doing well looks like an NSD for me today .. I dont seem to need anything so will carry on regardless

see ya
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    KAAT-LADY love the pic really cheered me up, just worked out that I am going to go over budget again this month I am definately getting better though pay day 25th and I have nothing left in my purse so will have to draw out some more cash to keep me going till Thurs, will be a NSD today but havent enough in to last till then, plus DD15 will need dinner money for 3 days next week, A baking weekend I think for me, going back to browse over everyones recipes to get some inspirationxx
    Frugal challenge 2024

• angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    jediteacher sorry to hear your DD's poorly. You could try giving her a gingerbread man ;) as ginger is supposed to be really good for settling tummies (avoid any ginger biscuits with nuts in though as she's under 3). I found it worked really well for me when I was preggers and had a bit of reflux. HTH. :grouphug: give her a hug from me xx

Thanks for the recipes gillaman :T
    cammumof3 wrote: »
    Hi all

can some one tell me, all the recipes that we post here, do they all end up in the recipe list at the begenning of the thread.

Yes that's right. I put links to all the recipes that are posted on this thread onto the Index on the first page to make it easier for everyone to find them again :A
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    funny-pictures-kitten-hug-1.jpg

AWWWWW :)

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • cammumof3

1kg mince,400g pork mince - mix in large bowl
    Add 1/2 red pepper finely chopped,1 onion finely chopped,dash mixed herbs,dash ginger,s&p,egg white to bind.

Roll into small balls and coat in flour.

Chill 2 hours or more.

Fry in oil of choice,I finish mine off in oven just in case they are not done in the middle.Serve with spaghetti and sauce of your choice.

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • mummygems
    mummygems Posts: 359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DeniseF Could I please have the recipe for the mince and onion pie you are making your DH? I cant stand the shop bought ones and DH loves his pie.

Thank you.

P.S. I am a fellow Basildon person :)
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport