Tesco Photo Booths

Options
This may seem a bit petty, but I was furious. Today I took my daughter into Tesco to get her passport photos done. Had my £3 at the ready settled my daughter into the booth placed the first pound coin in the slot and then the £2 coin, which dropped back into the refund slot, tried again several times to no avail, went to customer services changed it up for 2 £1 coins and tried again, each time they were rejected, when we gave up and tried to retrieve the first pound coin accepted by the machine nothing happened.
We returned to customer services to ask for a refund only to be told that the machines have nothing to do with Tesco and that I would have to contact the company direct for a refund giving me a refund claim voucher, I expressed my disatisfaction to the young man behind the checkout only to be told there was nothing he could do, so I asked to see the Manager. She said much the same nothing to do with Tesco etc etc, I pointed out to her that there was nothing on the machine which stated that Tesco took no responsibility for these machines but she still refused the refund and said she would contact head office with the suggestion that they place a disclaimer on the booths.

I know we are not talking vast sums of money here but surely if Tesco operate this service they should take some responsibility for it.
Needless to say wont be returning to Tesco for photos in the near future.

Comments

• trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't think it's petty at all................the machine is on Tesco property , with Tescos permission :-/

What would happen if lets say your daughter slipped and fell when she entered the booth because the floor was wet ???..................would Tesco be responsible to the point of giving First-aid ???...............or say it isn't their responsibility :-/

They are allowing that machine on their premises to give a service to their customers.............they are also presumable receiving revenue from the machine,or rent for space used by the machine.................so they should take responsibility :-/

I think you should/someone should e-mail Tesco head office and see what answers they come up with.................it could be interesting :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure