PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• 1) Home grown home made tomato and basil soup for lunch, free and delicious!

2) I found another horse chestnut tree that I didn't know about, apparently neither does anyone else so I got a bulging pocket full of conkers for my bowl! result!!!

3) Trip to the local garden centre to buy some indoor bulbs to liven up the lounge in the late winter, got 3 white hyacinths and 12 paperwhite narcissus which will make 3 bowls full to cheer up our days and make the house smell nice.

4) Just walking round the village with my pal Cookie and realising how lovely it is to know so many people who always stop to say hello, even the builder we know stopped what he was doing and came to say hi to Cookie, that's really nice.

5) He Who Knows is feeling better, not 100% yet but much better than he was yesterday.
  • 1. We laid in.
    2. Lunch was from stores, soup for DH and tuna for me.:money:
    3. We did the what I am hoping is the last for a while massive tip run.
    4. Popped into what used to be an amazing garden centre opposite the tip and it was a bit sad really vastly downhill and overpriced the wallet stayed firmly shut.
    5. We popped into lidl for the weekly shop, and I dissected it heavily due to our small budget, we spent £6 on 2 whole raw chickens for the animals, which will last about a month chopped and frozen as add on to their other food. 3 pounds on something for DF, £3 to restock store of beans with 7 tins and £1.50 on 2 packs of Mr Kipling that jumped in. On top of usual fresh and bread took it to £23
    6. Ohhh just checked my takeaway points account as Mr PK is saying we haven’t ordered takeaway in soooooo long, and found I have enough points for a free pizza including delivery. That’s tonight sorted then.:o:o
    7. The other side of the bedroom door is painted, it will dry overnight to be re hung in a few days.
    8. Just checked the weather so planning to be odd again and hang out the washing tonight in the hope it will be nigh on dry by the time I collect it in tomorrow.:rotfl:
  • ((Hugs)) to all the poorlies ...whether they want them or not !

1. making progress removing the paint from the pine bedside table I got free from gum tree. Its quite addictive/therapeutic to gently peel a bit with my finger nail then pull and it just comes off.

2. got a date for my pre-op :eek: Rang the hospital wondering if this meant that my op was going to be sooner than the 16 week wait advised by surgeon and was told a pre-op lasts for 3 months, so hopefully will be after Christmas. l

3. nice chat with neighbours who do not want me to move

4. have not bought any chocolate for a week.
    Have had some cake at work to celebrate colleagues birthday, so not feeling too virtuous :o

5. started dismantling the empty wardrobe in spare room. Have brought the doors downstairs but need DS to bring down main carcass and will then need to decide what to do with it ! At least DP's will have more space when they come to stay in Oct
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • My pleasures for today

1. College assignment finished.
    2. Fresh coffee brought up to me in bed by Dh.
    3. Work planned for next week - need pennies for Christmas.
    4. Making items for Christmas fair.
    5. Hot milk with tot of Baileys before bed.
  • Cam Club results just inn.
    BoP has a thirst and a third! Form is good. Skill is permanent!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pleasures for today (Thursday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Up quickly this morning for bigger son's birthday. :-)

3) Work went OK - training cancelled.

4) Chickens fine.

5) Went to look at Ebay bike for bigger son - perfect and much smiling!

6) Into canal town to wait for parents and brother. Walked over the locks and looked at the river.

7) Met parents and brother and went to Indian restaurant. 3 courses for £9.95 offer ;-)

8) Back up to pay for bike and put it in the car!

9) Parents' for cake and Schloer.

10) Watched Hunted with bigger son.

11) Just went in to say goodnight and smaller son is asleep.
  • Well done BoP :T My photos are terrible, wobbly and out of focus usually, wish I had more skill.

Frith - canal walking here too, no locks on my stretch though.

Today's pleasures:
    1. A walk along the canal in the autumn sunshine. There were lots of narrowboats moored alongside the canal today. Several were decorated with the traditional castles and roses paintings. Good to see the old skills still being used.
    2. Spicy autumn scent in the air; I love autumn it's still my favourite season :)
    3. Spicy apple and parsnip soup for lunch. Didn't think we had any left in the freezer so this was an unexpected treat. Too early for this year's parsnips so it will be a while before it's on the menu again.
    4. Sweet corn from the allotment for tea. Picked and cooked within fifteen minutes and absolutely delicious with just a little cayenne pepper, so good I really didn't miss the butter (much!!)
    5. MrC arrived home after a very long car journey - always a relief and a pleasure when family arrive safely home.
  • * Floor tile picked out and paid for...buyers remorse!!!!!....went back to look again and I still :smileyhea it. :j
    This could end up being like looking at a paint chip and then regretting color choice after it's on the wall.
    (BOP Iikes red best). The tile samples are small compared to all that floor space. :eek:

* Breakfast with my man! Loganberry crepes for me and full on everything for my man. Lots of tea with milk for me. :D

* Kids are all good. Quoye is singing songs about pumpkins. It's October!

* DH has said we can redo kitchen cabinets...new doors etc. Or I can have them torn out and replaced. He REALLY does not want to move to the city. He views it as keeping me happy here. I view it as getting the house ready to sell in the next few years. :cool:

* DH is currently asleep in the recliner holding the channel changer. If I take it from him and change the channel he will wake up and say 'I was watching football'.....been going on for many years now. He makes me giggle. Whoever has the channel changer rules! :D
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • hmm not a brilliant start to the day. very tired, and found I missed a deadline for a paper submission. last time I checked it said 'autumn' today I checked it said 'September 15th'. Oh well wasn't an important one, so perhaps is a message to prioritise to fewer higher impact (though boss said at annual review to go for quantity!)
    also forgot my flask so have already had to shell out £1.20 for a cup of tea bah humbug.
    1) Cymberline at cineworld very good, but woman next to me alerted us to 2 for 1 offers in Daily Telegraph. If anyone knows of such offers let me know (I don't get a paper but happy to spring for one if it has a voucher in that will save us £15 between the 2 of us!)
    2) we just had the one course and rice at our usual curry house and I stuck to soda and lime so that was a financial saving
    3) going out for break (gbf bought the teas) narrowly avoided treading on someone's glasses lying in the aisle. pleased to reunite with owner
    4) yesterday was day long meeting (9 - 4) which turned out to be very good (and free tea / coffee / lunch for those of an mse persuasion)
    5) film night with students 6 - 8:30. we watched casualty which I have never seen before, then a bit of ambulance which was fascinating, then a bit of trust me I'm a doctor. students had all brought in nibbles.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 October 2016 at 11:07AM
    Evening all , it's almost bedtime here. Early start for work in the morning ( boo hiss!)

It's been a public holiday here today for of all things the eve of Grand Final of the football ( Aussie rules) , it's huge over here especially in Melbourne. The final is always held here .This is just the second year there's been a public holiday. I think it's a tad ridiculous ! I am not one bit interested.

Anyway, quiet start as everyone else was having a lie in.

Bit of time in the garden, between showers. I have replanted primroses that were in tubs in the garden, planted some flower seeds. Bought some new big tubs from aldi ( with my laundry cash) , they are at my front porch ( son kindly carried 2 big bags of compost round) have filled them with compost and need to decide what I will put in them.

Very soggy dog walk but I wore my new wellies .

Bought a RTC cheesecake and had a $10 voucher. Free cake!

Think that's it. Another month over. I'm so conscious of time ticking along and trying to make the most of it.

I heard from sparrer so all is well with her just keeping busy in real life :)

Have a great weekend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport