* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I read this thread everyday, really need to post more :o

Popped to Matalan today and was surprised to see a lot of Christmas stuff already in store, I know its been on the website for a while, but wasn't expecting to see it in store yet! Definitely a lot earlier than last year!
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Had a fab day shopping - B&M, the Range, Primark then Asda for the finishing bits for my snow challenge. Great minds think alike VULPIX :D. Cleaning up bricks next - you really are a glutton for punishment but I admire your determination.

Got a really nice pair of Harry Potter pjs for DSDD in Primarni, bang on our £10 per adult limit. Also got Spiderman leisure bottoms for DSIL - he's difficult to buy for so pleased to have got something he'll def use.

MRSG you def are the elf queen! I bought a baby elf for Rosie (DGD's elf) to appear with this year. DD is thinking up this year's antics and the baby is going to be Rosie's niece as DD doesn't want her to be a mummy lol.

SNORKYPANTS no need to apologise, there's not really a hard and fast rule it's only that the end of the month is the deadline. I think you were the only one who finished in time to post earlier :D

CHERRY congratulations on your moving date, I foresee lots of cardboard boxes in your future!

I think I'm finished my snow challenge so will have a go at photographing it in the daylight tomorrow. Are you done MURIE?

SAMMY a christmas card exchange was suggested but not sure if it progressed any further. Can't remember who suggested it now but I'm in if other people want to do it too although I have no idea how it works. I think PRINCESSKITTY was up for it too.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • I hope all the people struggling through illness are doing well - peppa, Ms Gigglewick's daughter, GTQ and anyone I will have missed.

0462 - sorry to hear about your job situation.

I'm afraid I've made no real progress recently. Although I get paid tomorrow, I'm holding off until another credit card month - I pay off in full each month. So I have another 2 weeks before I do another wave of shopping - I'm making a list and trying to get ideas.

And I have a whole lot of craft projects I want to get going with - Christmas pompoms and bunting.
    Closer to the time, I was thinking of making bathbombs with the children for their teachers so I need a good recipe and work out quantities - think I need to make 10.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Peppa- yup I have finished my snow craft but decided to go with a different one second time round.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY yes DD1 and DS both went to Jordan, yes they said it was a beautiful country and lovely people, its another wonder of the world off of DD1s list :D
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Snorkypants- there are no rules, you can post the craft whenever you want. Its more about us all having fun and doing a craft theme together xx
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forgot to say earlier,nice cross stitch Snorky.Blue and white always looks crisp and fresh.

I havent done mine yet,I have been grappling with arrangements of how to get to a funeral tomorrow.Was getting a lift,then not getting a lift,was going to walk there n back(6 miles each way)aargh was sitting contemplating how to send my apologies for my Mum not going and my cousin phoned and offered me the loan of her car.Mr V going away tomorrow to Brands Hatch for the weekend.I only occasionally regret giving DD1 my little mini.Most of the time it never turned a wheel from one week to the next so didn't need it really.

The range had lots of Christmas stuff out and were still putting out all the lights and trees.After saying I wouldn't, I bought an angel candle holder.I also bought a pack of battery tea lights.Got a Chewbacka Christmas stocking from the pound shop and thats it Christmas wise.Other shops didn't have much Christmas at all.Oh got DD2 some light up bath ducks from B&M.

I think I am done for presents now with the exception of Mr V who has a book and a Christmas stocking!

When the bedroom carpet is fitted and the furniture put back I need to get the stash out of hiding and check.

Looking forward to the craft pics.

Free, Jordan sounds interesting.I will read up on it.Somewhere i have never thought of to visit.

Vx
     :
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 30 September 2016 at 8:22AM
    Ok, I'm having problems remembering how to upload pics as the iPad doesn't follow the tutorial. Can anyone else using an iPad help? I know I did it last month but I can't do it this time. I can upload the pics to Photobucket but can't get the img string to show, none of the options I get show this. Is there an easier option rather than Photobucket? I really want to put the puck on here rather than link to Instagram or another site if poss. Help!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2016 at 8:16AM
    Wow everyone sounds so busy, well done to everyone who took part in the snow craft. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. I missed it as the first I read was when people were talking about finishing their item and I think snorkel posted her lovely photo, if it happens again next year I'll try and take part.
    Need to get my Christmas stash out and see what else I need, and because I'm working in 2 or 3 different classrooms this year I need to decide what I'm making the children as gifts - I'm collecting old keys in the hope I can do magic Santa keys for one class, then reindeer food for another and probably mini stockings for the third.
    Need to start on all of those ASAP I think.

Edit
    Peppa your snow challenge is beautiful and the photo has come out well. In fact I was nosey and looked at all your photos, I love the chair and remember your reindeers from last year. You are very talented. Your dolls house is also lovely is the tree in the first a miniature for that I can't decide on the scale.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure