Bottles

Has anyone had any experience of the asdas little angels bottles that are like tommee tippee (wide neck)

We have used tommee tippee as I was unable to breastfeed and just went with a known brand as I'd not read up on formula feeding before hand. LO has always got on with them but they need replacing quite regular and they are so expensive. It was going to cost over £30 to replace 4 bottles and teats which is silly. I thought I'd try a different none named bottle but with similar teats. I started using them yesterday and the teats do seem to be sucked in quite easily and she has to keep stopping to let air get back into them. Has anyone else used these bottles or any others they can recommend?

Comments

• Mrshaworth2b
    Mrshaworth2b Posts: 988 Forumite
    Can i ask why you are replacing the bottles? We had the same bottles until my lo went off the bottle, we just replaced teats when they got chewed etc.
    Newly Married, not a 2b anymore!! Mum to two wonderful boys!
  • hp3
    hp3 Posts: 119 Forumite
    We've got a cold water steriliser and all the markings have come off the bottles so we can't see the measurements and the teats have also turned white.
  • mrsHall2b
    mrsHall2b Posts: 521 Forumite
    we used a cold water steriliser but still have the same bottles now. we replaced the teats a couple of times though. How old is LO now? you only need to sterilise up until 6 months as by then they are picking up all sorts and putting it in their mouths anyways.
  • hp3
    We've been told by the HV and weaning lady that bottles still need to be sterilised until they are 12 months old as bacteria grows quickly from milk in the crevises of teats? I know they put other things in their mouths that aren't sterilised and we don't sterilise feeding equipment like spoons etc but Have been told this about bottles. My LO is 8months so not long left on bottles really. It must be the design of Tommee Tippee as they only had measurements inked on not marked on the plastic so whether it's the steriliser or cleaning stuff we've been using im not sure but it's happened on two sets we've had that's why I've changed from them.
  • Loulou2010
    Loulou2010 Posts: 13,245 Forumite
    we used the little angels bottles and found loosen the screwtop part ever so slightly helped. could always try weaning onto a beaker of milk (formula). keep one bottle to make milk up in and transfer to the beaker
    "I have learnt that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one"
    "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”
    Maya Angelou
  • hp3
    Thanks loulou will give that a try. I've tried different positioning of the teat but it still happens. She does drink water from a cup quite well and have given her morning milk in a cup when she refuses the bottle but I might try some of her feeds with the cup during the day.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    We sterilised ours (still had some from DS and used them for DD) in the microwave. I also recommend sterilising till they're 12 mo old. Although they put god knows what in their mouth microorganisms that grow in gone off milk are worse. Now that DD is 15 month and only has the occasional night time/soothing bottle I only sterilise once in a while. I also bottle fed from early on and mine were never fussy about brand or teat shape. I think we're using Avent just because we had the microwave steriliser and some other hand me down bottles and bits from a cousin.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Have you tried Amazon for the Tommee Tippee bottles? They were about half RRP when I last looked plus they are often half price in Boots during baby events.
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Can't you just transfer markings back to the bottles they have come off - on the outside obviously! A small scratch marking shouldn't do any harm.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    It would probably be cheaper to buy a different steriliser. We used an electric steam steriliser and never had an issue of the marks coming off the bottles.

I agree with the Amazon tip for TT bottles - currently £12.99 for 6, or only £10 if you're happy with blue/green ones. :)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport