Options

Comments

• Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    hope all goes well lotti
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Exciting news Lotti!!! Will be eagerly awaiting news :)

Glad the nursery decorating is now done Princess! You'll be on to the exciting bit of washing clothes and putting them in their correct places soon once furniture is built, that's the bit I'm most looking forward to :p

Bubblepops, sounds like you had a lovely evening with your friend, another thing to keep you staying positive! It's so hard to slow down though, isn't it? I think your body will be the best judge of when you're overdoing it so as long as you're feeling ok whilst doing it I'm sure you'll be fine. Maybe try for early nights and a few evenings chilling in front of the TV or a movie too.

Talking about decorating, we've got a lady from customer care coming to see us on Weds to do a snagging list (again!) but she will hopefully prioritise the work we need doing and get the builders back in. I'm hoping that we can get the nursery sorted out within the next month or before, because I'm absolutely desperate to start building furniture and get the room resembling something close to a nursery. We're going to paint this weekend though, DH is currently in B&Q now :)
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    It's so exciting starting to get the room done but you're right missy, the bit in most looking forward to is washing all the little clothes & putting everything away!

We went to a local designer outlet place today, got a nice pair if trainers (I need comfort now!) for £8 from £55 and they have a namas & oapas there. All the sales clothes were bogof, I got 2 tips for me & 4 packs of 3 sleep suits for £25, should have been £140 full price! Bargain! I'm shattered now tho, we're just going to have a relaxing evening on the sofa & watch a film.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend & I hope your painting goes well missy!

Hope everything is going well lottie, look forward to an update!
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Options
    Working on packing a post natal box today. Already have most of the home birth and emergency back up hospital bag packed.

If anyone is interested in my lists for what I have/want in each, here you go:

Home birth box
    1 shower curtain
    1 sheet
    2 black bin bags
    1 pack (12 count) absorbent wee/maternity mats
    2 large black towels
    2 black flannels
    1 black hand towel
    1 tube nipple cream
    2 crochet baby hats
    1 hooded baby towel
    1 roll toilet paper
    1 bottle lucozade energy
    1 bottle hydrogen peroxide
    2 cord ties
    paracetamol and ibuprofen
    1 throw for me if I get cold
    torch (needs batteries)
    1 baby blanket (after it's washed and dried)

Emergency back up hospital bag
    2 sets clothes
    1 set pj's
    4 pair underwear
    1 pack maternity pads
    1 box breast pads
    1 bottle head to toe wash
    2 flannels
    toothpaste
    toothbrush
    phone charger
    lip balm
    straws
    2 pair socks
    deodorant
    hairbrush
    hand sanitiser
    1 tube nipple cream
    chewing gum
    ear plugs
    ear buds

Baby bag:
    half a pack of size 1 nappies
    pack of wipes
    hat
    scratch mittens
    blanket
    3 outfits (one each in tiny baby, newborn, and 0-3 months)
    1 minky outer onesie

DH's bag:
    toothbrush
    deodorant
    underwear
    socks
    1 change clothes
    throw or blanket
    pillow
    snacks

Post-natal box:
    witch hazel gel
    nipple cream
    1 pack maternity pads
    ibuprofen and paracetamol
    1 box nursing pads
    nipple shields
    hand cream/lotion
    arnica (cream and tablets)
    lavender oil
    tea tree oil
    snacks (including chocolate!)

Seems like loads, but it really isn't! It's mostly stuff that we already have in the house, so we didn't have to spend much on stuff.

35+5 today, so 1 more week and 2 days and I'll be in home birth territory! I have my 36 week mw appointment/home birth booking appointment on the 28th of January, so I'll be asking her what else I may need in my box.

I also need to stock up on tea, coffee, vegan and normal biscuits (my mw is vegan), and snacks. Getting really excited now.

We may have trouble getting through tonight and tomorrow though, as tomorrow is Dale's first birthday, and the first anniversary of when we lost her. My birthday is Thursday, my 30th, and I've requested delivery pizza, so at least I have that to look forward to.
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • lisawood78
    lisawood78 Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Options
    Thinking of you Mrs T M xx
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    We've went into town today & ordered the pram! Very exciting! Went for the Oyster 2 with the carrycot. Got the slate grey colour pack for the carrycot but will wait to order the colour pack for the pushchair as we're team yellow although I really like the Vogue Damson pack! Typically the more expensive version, hey Missy! :) We remembered to order the adaptors for the car seat too & we're having it all delivered to my mum's in a week or so.

Picked up some sheets for the crib too as I didn't have any & that was about the only thing that if baby came now would be a problem. Obviously with 10 weeks to go I hope that doesn't happen but my nan, who I'm very similar too, had her 3 sons all at 34 weeks! Bit of a worry! My to-buy list is reducing rapidly!!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

How is the decorating going Missy?

xx
  • Bubblepops
    Options
    lottifingers crossed, and excited for news!!!

missi how goes the decorating? Hope you're not overdoing it? And it is so hard to slow down!!

princess Kategreat bargains for the trainers etc, Hope you enjoyed your relaxing night. And woohoo for the pram! I was so excited when mine was delivered, I was into those boxes like a sugar-crazed kid at Christmas! :D

mrs t m thank you for the list, that's really useful. Am thinking of you, and will light a candle for you all tomorrow. It's so tough, isn't it? Hope you look after yourself as best as you can today and tomorrow, be kind to yourself.

AFM-I feel old. Today was my birthday, and I have spent it supervising housework and decorating.

Got an amazing amount done, some family really chipped in today, loads of junk cleared, and they even stripped my bedroom walls, and helped me sort the room out. My plans for this week are to strip the two doors in there, and start painting. Strict instructions on how much I'm allowed to do, but it feels like we're getting closer to getting a safe haven completed.

We have another scan and a consultants appt tomorrow, to find out how she is growing, and check on her cord pressure issues. Nerves are starting to kick in.

Big hugs to everyone xxx
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Hope everything goes well with your scan tomorrow bubblepops
  • Bubblepops
    Options
    Thankies princess Kate

May be a bit late now, but just in case anyone has TiVo /sky + tonight's call the midwife-it's quite distressing by all accounts. I've not watched it, but my mom did, and advised me to delete it without watching xxx
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    I watched it, my husband always finds it too upsetting tho. It was sad but highlights the importance of monitoring babies movements. A very important message.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure