santas Challenge 2016... Gifts, chat, challenges

Comments

• Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone.

Thanks yet again mum2one for keeping us informed of money saving tips we can use throughout the year.

Hi curiouscrafter, nice you can join us. What crafts have you planned for this year?
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    A early happy new year wishes.

Were having an amazing break, it was warm when we arrived yesterday, just minus 6, were in Lapland, so weird as when we came 3 yes ago we did the husky and reindeer sleigh riders wanted to do snowmobile - but at what would have been £300 - way to expensive esp as head thee other trips, this time though do the taster trip (free 5min go) just to say done it.... Even better as were new years trip we all get the big snowmobile trip for free......

As u all know its me = nothing simple.... 20 mins to get snowsuit on, get there miss hoodie gets on doesnt like the feel, I'm trying to get .... Couldn't get my leg over..... So we went on the sledge it was amazing we were about an hr going through forests, across roads, up and down, I am so glad I chose that way. It was an amazing way to end the year, tomorrow start the year with a husky sleigh ride x

Happy new year xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Anglea
    Hi all

Mum2one, I can't believe that you are posting from Lapland - wow!! Hope the rest of the trip is really good and no paramedics please lol
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Happy New Year everyone.

back from my trip to the sunny south! loads of plants etc coming out so early- crazy! easy drive home, very little traffic on the roads and sun all the way. Can it really be December??
    Hi Mum2one- err no, we don't want any snowy catastrophes please!! Enjoy yourselves.

In the loyalty points list can I just remind everyone who uses Mr T to do the survey - it's at www.tescoviews.com- once a month after a shop. Your chance to say what you think and earn 25 points (per month) Oh, and check that you have been 'paid' - that doesn't always happen but a quick call to T clubcard sorts out the problem!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Anyone buying for a birthday in January ( or Feb/ March?) just entered a huge list of magazines @ 5 issues for £5- includes all the BBC titles plus craft, cycling mags etc. Worth a look perhaps.
    post 2592 here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1075149&page=130
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Home safe and sound, shattered, it was such an intense 4 days but it was magical, pleased to say no a+e visits for me..... (or Miss Hoodie), thou someone at the hotel broke there arm - fell on snow..... it was a 4 hr round trip to hospital...

It was everything that you could imagine and more.... our highlights was snowmobile safari... (I did try to get on one to drive, couldn't get my leg over.... and Miss Hoodie looked petrified) so we opted for the sleigh... which was amazing.. about 45mins of adrelin filled fun, and the husky safari... the one husky (called Frank), managed to half unhock himself and he tried to get in the sleigh with us.......

Back to reality.... starts 2mor, house ins, and usual clicks, links, some knitting, and lots of planning for 2016. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • NorthernLass
    NorthernLass Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    This is my 2016 challenge!

10264489_814244268687501_3490105804546121948_n.jpg?oh=b5ea10b167e167a851daca16eb528926&oe=56FB8C9C
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2016 at 11:57AM
    Glad you had a great time mum2one
    Northernlass, I'm doing that as well but I've back dated mine to start on 16th Nov so I'll have the full amount by 16th Nov this year ready for Christmas shopping. I've paid my tin up to this Friday day 53/53p if that makes sense.i think I'll find it easier to put the money in a week at a time when I get my housekeeping.

Going to take the tree down today and get all the deccys packed away.

Also got my birthday card stash out and my folder/book of dates so I'm trying to use as many cards as I can that I already have and making a note of the special ones I need.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Anglea
    Hi all

That's a good idea about the penny challenge Northern Lass.

Glad you reminded me about the decs Mrs M. And the way you are doing the penny challenge so I'll probably do the same. Need to find a nice container, think I've used up all my large jars.

Mum2one, I'm glad you and Miss H are back safely and had a break from everything. It was a very exciting holiday.

Katiehound, have you started back on your duvets yet? What was the feedback on your bags as presents?
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Angela I've used an empty quality street tub for mine and stuck the print off on the lid so I can tick off the amounts as I put them in.
    Deccys are taking ages to put away, I'm trying to sort them as well have too many so I've got a box for the CS and got everything down to pack properly even the ones we didn't use. Been at it over two hours now and all I seem to have done is trash the lounge. That's not counting how long it took me to take them down that just sorting and packing!
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure