PV Solar Uk Ltd / Free Electricity 4U Ltd

Comments

• Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    lowbrim wrote: »
    Unless you have a decent sized roof facing due South (exactly) and no obstructions in front of it you are wasting your money. This is the criteria that all the free offers are on and they know exactly what they are doing.

Rubbish. 45 degrees each way of South is also sufficient albeit the yields are lower.
  • MrMoore
    MrMoore Posts: 49
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There is a company around that fits panels for free to business roofs and pays up to £7,000 a year for the privilage. They are called reflexenergy. Hope this helps
  • MrMoore
    Forumite
    stureid wrote: »
    My point was that Eversolar are happy to extend their warranty for just £300 which should be indicative of their confidence in the product.

A point on the warranty insurance - what you are getting is an insurance against the company in question going bust, whereupon the insurance company will honour the installer's warranty. This means that the installer's warranty must specifically cover the parts and labour for the full ten years if you are to hope for a free repair if the inverter packs in.

You would have to check the installer's warranty terms and conditions to ensure that they are covering the parts beyond their five year guarantee, and not just offering the ten years on their labour.

This is one of the most sensible and informative statements I have seen. It is a valid point that that an installers labour warranty must match the manufacturers guarantee, whether it's inverters with an extrnded guarantee of 10 years or panels.
  • MrMoore
    Forumite
    Rubbish. 45 degrees each way of South is also sufficient albeit the yields are lower.

I don't think its rubbish as I have all on getting some output on cloudy days much above 200 watts from a perfect south facing 4KWp system. If 45 degrees of south is fine then why don't the free ones accept nothing but bang on south?
  • MrMoore
    Forumite
    stureid wrote: »
    The Eversolar isn't unknown - it's available from several of my wholesalers. It is a Chinese built device, but to a German specification.

The Eversolar has a startup voltage of 125V, as opposed to the 250V on an SMA Sunnyboy 3800, for example. This means it will give a longer output period each day, and on a dull day may be the difference between getting something and getting nothing.

It has the same guarantee length as all the others, too, at five years, which they will extend to 10 years for £300 - much less than SMA want for the same thing.

I notice from what you are saying that there are different voltages comming out of solar panels. I thought they were all fixed at around 24V DC, but obviously not. What sort of max voltages could I expect from 6 panels of 175Watts in parrallel or are they in series?
  • MrMoore wrote: »
    If 45 degrees of south is fine then why don't the free ones accept nothing but bang on south?

Because they can afford to be picky.
  • ...need maximum yield to pay for the investment they are making into your roof, thats why thay can afford to be picky, they have to maximise their commitment - remember - most of the Free Providers are funded by VC/High Finance and the Project needs to be ,Bankable' EG proved to be worthwhile in the medium to long term...

Free Panels are a good thing IF you cannot afford to pay for your own - If you can afford it then avoid commission Only Salesmen - You will NOT get the right price (I used to work in Management for both these types of Businesses) - shop around - it can make a difference of uo to £2K for a 3KW system installed!
  • Spudspud - Where do you get your information from about PC Solar UK ltd?
    They have quoted me and appear to be very competetive, the warranty is all inclusive parts and labour and insurance backed for 10 years. The equipment they are going to use is all top quality European made.
    Everything seems to be OK - Until I read your post, linking them to Aquashield
  • Mark

I got got a quote off of them back about june, i phoned their office in hamilton for advice (they same one that AS is registered under) and was told that was who they were

Type 'pv solar aquashield' into google and look for 'cambuslang company set to expand' on page 2 under rutherglen informer

Took 2 minutes 'simples'

It says Aquashield was owned by a Doug Wilkie and Robert Skillen

Dont know anything about the equipment they use, they told me they were a fronious partner.

Good luck.
  • malch
    malch Posts: 42 Forumite
    bugle1 wrote: »
    the aurora also has a start up of 125v and having it installed with pvsolar uk comes with a 10 year insurance backed warranty on all parts of the installation:T

this is what they told me, after having the system fitted and read the aurora booklet turns out it doesn't kick in untill 200V. had a dingdong with them on the phone they told me they would send an engineer around Mon 21st. still waiting:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure