The Sun £9.50 holidays, JAN 2013 code words and final word cracking thread

Comments

• I wouldn't if i were you. I'm on my ipad now, but will book on the desk top. My ipad is very tempemental and doesn't like Lots of websites!

Thanks that is what I was thinking but I am trying to book for another family member as well so was hoping to use the ipad and desktop at the same time to make sure we both get it.
  • drewe_2
    drewe_2 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Simon7685 wrote: »
    Do we know the last code word is?
    Or do we need to wait for the booking site to open first?
    I have missed out on being able to book anywhere we can get to for the last 2 years as by the time I get to try and book everywhere has gone. I was surprised I got a priority booking form this time, so I really want to try and get somewhere to take the kids this year.........
    Any help with the last code word would be very very gratefully accepted.

were all hoping the last word is MARE as they have used the same codes as 2010 in the right order except they added 2 extra words in as in 2010 you only needed 8 code words xxx
  • eddi
    eddi Posts: 274 Forumite
    GemDoll wrote: »
    What experiences have people had in Europe? What is the standard of accommodation like? Is it clean?
    I have my priority code (bought from E.bay!) and I'm feeling confused about where to choose. I'm thinking of somewhere I France!
    Please help!!! This is the first year I have done this & I want to make it a positive experience!

We have been to Parc des Alicourts in the Loire Valley on a Sun hol which was lovely. Ended up with a caravan with great raised deck area with table and chairs that was lovely to sit out for dinner in the evening. Also La Bien Assise near Calais which was a lovely site if you don't want to drive far.
  • GemDoll
    GemDoll Posts: 115 Forumite
    eddi wrote: »
    We have been to Parc des Alicourts in the Loire Valley on a Sun hol which was lovely. Ended up with a caravan with great raised deck area with table and chairs that was lovely to sit out for dinner in the evening. Also La Bien Assise near Calais which was a lovely site if you don't want to drive far.
    Was Park des Alicourts a busy site?
  • Vjaw1971 wrote: »
    I always pay for an upgrade- I went to Twitchen House last year and loved it so much we have paid full price to have the same caravan in the August school holidays- shame we couldn't book with The Sun!!!

Have been booking Sun holidays for many years and have only had one bad experience in all that time

Can I ask whether you can take a small dog to this park? We usually choose Parkdean as we have always been able to add our dog on afterwards for £30 but reading the FAQ on Twitchen House it states you can only take your dog if you book directly with the park and not through 3rd party newspaper promotions which I find strange.

Has anybody taken their dog to this park before with the sun promotions? She is only a small non shedding terrier:D Maybe I cold hide her in my bag:rotfl:

Many thanks

xxx
  • GemDoll wrote: »
    Oh, and what's the weather like in Holland in October? And is the water park great?

We have been twice,- once with the sun. Went in july and may, and both times the weather was bad. In fact there was torrential rain in july.:eek: you never know october might be glorious;)
    We love it though and will be going back.
    We never go to holland for the weather though. You'd be mad to..
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Has anyone stayed with Eurocamp in a 2 bedroom Horizon mobile home please? They look small and I only have Thomson Al Fresco to compare with but that is all that is showing on the site that I wish to stay at.

Good luck everyone and thanks to all who have helped :T
  • CAT££
    CAT££ Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2013 at 2:45PM
    artichoke wrote: »
    Did you upgrade at Hafan Y mor ? or did you have the chalets?

just wondering what the chalets are like these days?

thanks

ARt

We upgraded to luxury, the caravan was fantastic and spotless! Couldn't find a fault.

Have never found an issue with rudeness as one poster stated. According to philosopher Betari, your behaviour/attitude reflects upon others behaviour/attitude in return!
    Cat :wave:
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2013 at 3:03PM
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed with Eurocamp in a 2 bedroom Horizon mobile home please? They look small and I only have Thomson Al Fresco to compare with but that is all that is showing on the site that I wish to stay at.

Good luck everyone and thanks to all who have helped :T
    we have stayed in a Eurocamp 2 bed
    they are smallish but we don't tend to spend much time in the accomodation so didn't matter to us !

you can always upgrade to a 3 bed ? :)

ps Thomson Alfresco are lovely and you will notice a difference ! but Eurocamp are clean and tidy and have been perfectly fine every time we have been
  • Looking for a good back-up to Devon cliffs in south Devon, as we love the area but couldn't get devon cliffs last year, anyone tried Ladram bay?
    I'm not a complete idiot....some parts are missing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport