KGB Deals - Refund refused (will service)

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could help me please... My other half is trying to get a refund for a deal we purchased through KGB Deals for a Mirror Will from Wills & Trusts Associates.

We have made several attempts to get in touch with Wills & Trusts Associates, both using the email address (as specified on the deal voucher) and their online 'contact us' form, but have received absolutely no response and therefore have not been able to book or use the voucher.

Before the voucher expired, but after the 7 day cool-off period, we contacted KGB Deals to request that they arrange a refund given the situation but this has been declined with the following response given:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We have reviewed your refund request in accordance with the terms and conditions as expressly indicated on the kgbdeals web site. We regret to inform you request will not be granted as the 7 day restriction period has lapsed.

Please let us know if we could be of further assistance."

This doesn’t seem to give any protection to the customer against the merchant not honouring (or even KGB Deals selling deals for merchants which don’t exist!) Can anyone give us any further advice on this matter and how we could pursue a refund from KGB Deals? I assume we cannot discuss this with Wills & Trusts Associates as we cannot contact them and our contract is not with them anyway.
You were only killing time and it'll kill you right back

Comments

• girl_withno_name
    girl_withno_name Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 December 2012 at 2:10PM
    I would imagine that this comes under services rather than goods (on KGB Deals’ part) for which the MSE website says

"Quite simply, it demands that any service provided in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (common law in Scotland has similar effect), should be carried out with...

Reasonable care and skill,
    Within a reasonable time and
    At a reasonable cost"

I'd argue that nothing’s even been carried out here!
  • shocky_2
    shocky_2 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Have you tried calling Wills and Trust Associates? I went on their website and it tells you to call them in huge letters. Hopefully if you speak to a person you can get this sorted.
  • I'll be honest - calling them is the one contact option we haven't tried yet, trying to avoid that 0843 number which are expensive to call?? (Was also trying to follow the instructions on the deal to email!)
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Hmm. 08432 894 785 doesn't yield a geographic alternative on saynoto0870.com. :(
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    I would imagine that this comes under services rather than goods (on KGB Deals’ part) for which the MSE website says

"Quite simply, it demands that any service provided in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (common law in Scotland has similar effect), should be carried out with...
    Reasonable care and skill,

Within a reasonable time and
    At a reasonable cost"

I'd argue that nothing’s even been carried out here!

Other than KGB providing he voucher.... Which is what the OP purchased, from KGB....
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • dalesrider wrote: »
    Other than KGB providing he voucher.... Which is what the OP purchased, from KGB....

I also tried saynoto0870 with no luck :( OH is going to call at lunchtime and see if we have any luck...

If not, then who should my complaint be with??
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Think you will find ways to do your own will here on MSE if you have a search. Also know there are sometimes a free will service once a year as part of national will day or something
  • Registrant:
    Wills & Trusts Associates Ltd

Registrant type:
    UK Limited Company, (Company number: 8049476)

Registrant's address:
    Ausford House
    7 Woodhead Rd
    Glossop
    SK13 7RH
    United Kingdom

Thats where they are registered. Though this site has only been registered this year they seem to only register their site for 2 years at a time as it runs out in '14 which for a reputable company like them is a short space of time for a website to be hosted for. 5 - 10 should be the norm.
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure