New combi boiler quotes

Hi,

I've just had a couple of quotes for getting a new combi boiler, both have quoted on a Worcester greenstar 29cdi

Existing non combi boiler will be removed from kitchen and new combi boiler installed in the bathroom airing cupboard and the hot water tank removed

1 company has quoted 2.5k - 5 year warranty we are unlikely to go with this one as we weren't that keen on the plumber

2nd company quoted 3k, he said himself his is unlikely to be the cheapest quote it, 8 year parts and labour warranty, installing thermostatic valves on radiators and a wireless room thermostat

I'm waiting for a 3rd quote but wanted to see if 3k one sounds reasonable? Thought appreciated :)

Comments

• Plumber90
    Plumber90 Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What is your location as that will play a big part in the price
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Always have a wireless therm, preferably a programmable one. regardless.
  • for the extra £500 its worth have the warranty and the extra work they are doing. price is about on the button, as between £2500 and £3500 will be what you will pay for a combi installation and update. snh tradecentre
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I paid £1600 for a new Viessmann combi including installation in a different room, we live in Cornwall. My Daughter was quoted £3000 for a new combi by BG but found a local installer and paid £2000, she lives in Warwick. Daughters was installed last week and mine 18 months ago.
  • I am having my non-combi replaced with a combi (Worcester Bosch 34) along with new TRVs and lock shields. Getting a 8 years warranty -( same as you.) from a local installer. All for 2600

But in my case the new boiler will be in the same place as the old one and not being re-sited to the airing cupboard.
  • Thanks for the replies everyone, sound like the price is there abouts

Plumber90, im in north wales so should be fairly standard prices not south east ones
  • suisidevw
    suisidevw Posts: 2,256 Forumite
    Had much more work done than you inc a WB 34CDI boiler for £2550..... inc 7yr parts and labour. That's South Wales, so relatively comparative to up north.
  • Russ66
    Russ66 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    suisidevw wrote: »
    Had much more work done than you inc a WB 34CDI boiler for £2550..... inc 7yr parts and labour. That's South Wales, so relatively comparative to up north.
    Can I ask was this a local firm or a National?
    You're Damned If You Do & You're Damned If You Don't :doh:
  • I'm suprised they're all saying Worcester Bosch as they tend to be the most expensive boilers. I got a vaillant boiler fitted in my gaff and I was told it was a decent make of boiler only cheaper than worcester. Well that was last year and it's still going ok - very quiet too which I like!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure