Setting up direct debits with Tesco banking

I have signed up for various currentaccounts which require that I set up 2 direct debits, but I don’t actually haveany DDs at all. So I have set up a Tesco Internet Saver account and a TescoInstant Access Saver account, and have decided that I will just pay £1 intoeach of these accounts each month.

At risk of asking avery stupid question – how do I do this? Do I set up each of the DDs on myTesco internet banking? Or do I set it up on each of the respective currentaccounts?

I think it should beon the Tesco internet banking but I can’t find a link anywhere to set up a DD.Please can someone help me out.

Thanks very much,

Alison

Comments

• Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Yes, you do it while logged in to Tesco.
    Click on "Manage Account"
    Click on "Move Money In"

It should be obvious from there onwards
  • Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,950
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You will have to set up the direct debit via Tesco Banking -

Once signed into your Tesco account, on the left side you need to select 'Move money in' then choose the account you want to pull the money from and then under 'Frequency' select 'Regular' payment to set the start date and how often you want to move money into this account.
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Tesco will process the pulling in of money from current account as DDs. When you set it up as per the previous two responses, you will soon see the DD guarantee etc.
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do you need to open 2 different Tesco accounts, or just use 1 to set up 2 DD to come from ie santander on the same day.
    :T
  • Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,950
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 4 June 2014 at 5:29PM
    roxy28 wrote: »
    Do you need to open 2 different Tesco accounts, or just use 1 to set up 2 DD to come from ie santander on the same day.

I'm not sure the 2 DD's from 1 Tesco account will qualify as it says it needs to be 2 (different?) DD's.

To be on the safe side I've setup a DD from each of my 2 Tesco accounts (Tesco Internet Saver & Tesco Instant Access).

If you already have a Tesco account then as existing customer it ain't too much hassle opening the other one.
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ifts wrote: »
    I'm not sure the 2 DD's from 1 Tesco account will qualify as it says it needs to be 2 (different?) DD's.

To be on the safe side I've setup a DD from each of my 2 Tesco accounts (Tesco Internet Saver & Tesco Instant Access).

If you already have a Tesco account then as existing customer it ain't too much hassle opening the other one.

No i have no Tesco accounts, just lots of others ( to many now head is spinning ).
    Oh well another 2 on the way.
    :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family