Littlewoods buy now pay later not working?

I've been trying to use the buy now pay later scheme, on littlewoods which is available on anything over £50. My credit limit is £5000, and my current balance is only £400. The item I'm trying to buy on BNPL is £100. When I apply the code it says invalid code, and there's no box to click for BNPL. Anyone know why this is?

Comments

• chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    normaly when you goto the checkout and select how you want delivered it has an option for buy now pay later.
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • ineed
    ineed Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, this is a common problem with littlewoods. Are you using a code you found on the site? Or from elsewhere? The BNPL code found on the site normally works, but sometimes it's a website glitch in which case a quick phone call and do the transaction on the phone fixes it (although I don't like doing that as using a code online is often 0% interest if you pay off before the BNPL ends but on the phone they use a code that adds some interest regardless of when you pay off the balance.)
    I SUPPORT CAT RESCUE! Visit Cat Chat to support cat rescue too.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much ~ Oscar Wilde
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness ~ Aristotle
  • JoshBee25
    JoshBee25 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Bnpl is a rip of, if it's only £100 it will be like £12 a month Bnpl will take it to around £200 is it worth it?
    Total amount of debt - £3540
    Overdraft - £1540
    Credit Card - £2000

Amount Payed - £100
    Amount Left - £3440
  • ineed
    ineed Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JoshBee25 wrote: »
    Bnpl is a rip of, if it's only £100 it will be like £12 a month Bnpl will take it to around £200 is it worth it?

Not always; as I said Littlewoods often offer 0% on orders over £50 for 12 months online. Just make sure you pay off your balance in full before the BNPL ends. I often used to do this with my Littlewoods account (recently closed it) and I ended up with a £10,000 limit because I was a good customer to them, never defaulted and paid on time.

Still saying that Littlewoods do charge well over the odds for products anyway, £200 item on Amazon is £350 to £400 on Littlewoods and if you do get into their interest it's something like 37.9% APR. But with littlewoods you do get free delivery and returns, and catalogues are expected to be more expensive than any where else because its a convenience. And as I said, use 0% on BNPL and pay off in full before the term ends and your all set.
    I SUPPORT CAT RESCUE! Visit Cat Chat to support cat rescue too.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much ~ Oscar Wilde
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness ~ Aristotle
  • Littlewoods
    Littlewoods Posts: 160 Organisation Representative
    Hi LolitaLove,

Our BNPL option is not available to all of our customers. Issues such as how long you've had your account, credit limit, spending history, administration charges or arrears on the account can jeopardise whether you are accepted for BNPL or not.

If you'd like to email your details to us at [EMAIL="help@littlewoods.co.uk"]help@littlewoods.co.uk[/EMAIL] we can look into this for you and let you know if you're eligible for this offer or not.

Many Thanks

Chris

Littlewoods Network Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    JoshBee25 wrote: »

Its only a rip off as you put it if you do not pay off the debt by the due date before interest charges start. I am very happy with my BNPL purchase and also the item was the cheapest on the internet.
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Hi LolitaLove,

Our BNPL option is not available to all of our customers. Issues such as how long you've had your account, credit limit, spending history, administration charges or arrears on the account can jeopardise whether you are accepted for BNPL or not.

If you'd like to email your details to us at [EMAIL="help@littlewoods.co.uk"]help@littlewoods.co.uk[/EMAIL] we can look into this for you and let you know if you're eligible for this offer or not.

Many Thanks

Chris

So you will allow someone to have a very high credit limit but it may still not qualify that person to a BNPL item of £100.
  • Littlewoods
    Littlewoods Posts: 160 Organisation Representative
    Hi LolitaLove,

Many Thanks

Chris

So you will allow someone to have a very high credit limit but it may still not qualify that person to a BNPL item of £100.

Hi Rupert Bear,

It depends entirely on the way the account is run. Someone could have a really high credit limit but they may not have placed an order for a long time which can disable the BNPL eligibility. Another possibilty is that a recent missed payment may have put the account into slight arrears which may also have an impact on whether a customer can have BNPL or not.

On the other hand it may be nothing to do with the customers account. It could be that there may be an issue with our system which is causing the code not to work on an individual account.

Unfortunately it is impossible to say for sure without looking into the individual account.

Hope this helps

Chris

Littlewoods Network Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JoshBee25 wrote: »

I use BNPL and pay off the items before the interest kicks in.
    DEBTFREE AND PROUD!!
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I use BNPL and pay off the items before the interest kicks in.

BNPL is sometimes excellent value. Take last year, for example: very.co.uk sent me a code offering BNPL and and a £20 credit to my account on a £50 spend.

I bought an external 1GByte hard drive from them, which was also quite good value at £59. Total cost £41.95, including £2.95 delivery. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure