We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    p.s. i got a brill little plaque today BEWARE OF THE BEES :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    hung it on my gate.... keep the JW's away....;)
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Oooh maggie, i would love bergamot......i don't even know what it loooks like!, Please tell us how it goes for you!
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    CTC, potentially some good news for you this morning re granny flats

Yes, that should be good news for a number of people particularly because it isn't confined to elderly relatives.
    http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-06-02/housing-minister-labour-want-to-raid-pockets-of-the-public/

Sadly, not applicable for me personally (the only elderly relative I have is DH :rotfl: & children tend to get out of the countryside asap) but I hope it helps others here.

Sorry to hear of all the horsey foot woes. Lami is the pits :(

Raining hard here now. It saves having to water the plants, though :D
  • Itismehonest
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    p.s. i got a brill little plaque today BEWARE OF THE BEES :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    hung it on my gate.... keep the JW's away....;)

:rotfl:
    You missed the one that said "BEWARE OF THE OLD QUEEN" to go outside your bedroom window then? ;):D
  • Itismehonest
    Forgot to say .......

Saw these earlier today & thought of you, alfie.
    In Italian but I think you'll get what they are about.
    Hit "Successivo" to go to the next photo.

http://bologna.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/06/02/foto/volpe_terremoto-36426580/1/

and.....
    http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/photostory/primopiano/2012/06/01/Animali-domestici-sfollati-centro-recupero_6966989.html
    (particularly piccie 3 :D)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    :rotfl:
    You missed the one that said "BEWARE OF THE OLD QUEEN" to go outside your bedroom window then? ;):D

put that one on my bedroom door !!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    ztanx2.jpg

???????

i plant so many "rescued" plants ,i have no idea what ive got !!!
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Forgot to say .......

Saw these earlier today & thought of you, alfie.
    In Italian but I think you'll get what they are about.
    Hit "Successivo" to go to the next photo.

http://bologna.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/06/02/foto/volpe_terremoto-36426580/1/

and.....
    http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/photostory/primopiano/2012/06/01/Animali-domestici-sfollati-centro-recupero_6966989.html
    (particularly piccie 3 :D)

aaaahhhh. bless em ! at one point when i lived in beau, i had over 100 rescues.....:o used to not know wether to laugh or cry when i saw someone coming up my path,"box in hand"..:rotfl:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 June 2012 at 5:20AM
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    ztanx2.jpg

???????

i plant so many "rescued" plants ,i have no idea what ive got !!!

That's Arbutus unedo the Strawberry Tree. The soil wasn't right for that at my old place, but I could probably have one here. I'm beginning to learn that one can't have everything, though!:o

Interesting Chelsea photos, Maggie. We used to do the shows, and indeed DW has been on a stand at Chelsea, but I realise now that it was very much a business thing, as our desire to attend shows has definitely waned. We still have a RHS membership, as we get our money's worth, being so close to Rosemoor. :D

Jekka McVicar used to be a real battleaxe over her stall. Wouldn't let anyone touch stuff. When she told me off at one show for fondling one of her herbs, I replied that she was still welcome to come round & fondle mine! :rotfl:Tactile, innit?

I won the mower. Let's hope it does the biz. If it does the orchards, then it'll be £315 well spent and an easier life for my brushcutter. That now has a strange problem: the studs holding the silencer on have lost their thread at the engine end, so the silencer is dropping off with no way of tightening it. As the studs are just screwed into the engine and don't move, I can only presume that vibrations have somehow wrecked the threads. Hope new studs will still thread in OK, or it will be very noisy around here. I found this with Honda when I had a bike; lovely engines and dodgy peripherals.

I'm up early today, as we are going to help erect a marquee at 07.30. Apparently it took 4 hours last time.....

Viper's bugloss? Hmm, not the sort of thing I'd let loose on this soil. Back at the other place, we'd grow all kinds of things that were not a lot of bother through self-seeding, but on this light stuff they are a total nightmare. Evening primrose, borage, St Mary's thistle, comfrey, verbena and Scotch thistle are just a few of the culprits.....and we didnt bring any of them with us! The worst thing is a mustard, used by organic gardeners as a green manure. It seems to have a life cycle of about 10 minutes and seeds all over the place, given the chance. :mad:

Edit: Putting my farmer's hat on, I should add that this rain is just what the fields need right now, even if it's not what the majority of the population want.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Agree Davesnave we need this rain......BUT...... i am dreading he aftermath of everything growing like made before your eyes:eek: ( and mean weeds here...lol...)

Well i am still itching, the calamine lotion eases it for a bit, but the bites just keep flaring up again..and i dont normally suffer with things biting me, or if they do, it only lasts a day or so, not a week:o....sooooooo going to bath a bath in bicarb, and scout around for anything else i can use...

Alfie what was the name of that stuff again? I might get some of that stuff, and keep it on standby...

Maggie lovely pic.....what was the crowds like? I hate places that are over crowded , thats why i dont want to go to the royal welsh show in July... justs takes the total pleasure out of it...

Wouldnt mind going to another agri show with the caravan, and stay for a few days, but one that isnt hectic... and i can mooch around and totally injoy... ( a bit like the smallholders show, but without being a trade stall holder..lol...)
    Work to live= not live to work
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport