PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stardrops: A Users Guide

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    sb44 wrote: »
    I am sure I saw somewhere that someone uses a couple of teaspoons of this in their washing machine, does anyone else use it in their washer?

I would imagine you would def have to put some conditioner in too as the smell may be ok for cleaning the kitchen/bathroom but I don't think I would want my clothes smelling of it.

Since reading OS forum I use a tiny amount (about a level dessert spoon) of cheap washing powder with the same quantity of soda crystals in the ball, and a quick squirt of Stardrops in the dispenser drawer on a 30 degree wash. I have to say it's the cleanest wash I've ever had - and I've done a few in me time! - and the cheapest. Any deep stains get a scrub with a tiny drop of Stardrops on an old toothbrush before going into the machine. I won't say laundry is exactly a pleasure now but at least I don't throw a hissy fit finding stains still there when taking the washing out of the machine any more!:D

Oh, and there's no smell of Stardrops, the machine rinses 3 times before laundry gets hung on the line so all I get is a lovely fresh air smell :T
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    sparrer wrote: »
    Oh, and there's no smell of Stardrops, the machine rinses 3 times before laundry gets hung on the line so all I get is a lovely fresh air smell :T
    Hung on the line!

I wish.

I wish it would stop flippin' raining then I can get something out on the line.

:rolleyes:
  • almar_2
    almar_2 Posts: 393 Forumite
    My favourite advert as a child in the 1950's was this song.

Stardrops cleans all around the house ...for less than half a crown.

(12.5p)

happy days

love almar
    Quidco £196 - Voucher Codes £408 - GC Saved £603
    P.A.D. £[strike]4720[/strike] / £4330- Jan GC £375/Spent £283.78
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,616
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    almar wrote: »
    My favourite advert as a child in the 1950's was this song.

Stardrops cleans all around the house ...for less than half a crown.

(12.5p)

happy days

love almar

Hi Stardrop lovers.hmm I am also a child of the `50`s and thought this wasnt Stardrops but `1001`............anyone else please who can tell us?

Jan
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    janb5 wrote: »
    Hi Stardrop lovers.hmm I am also a child of the `50`s and thought this wasnt Stardrops but `1001`............anyone else please who can tell us?

Jan

"1001 cleans a big, big carpet for less than half a crown". I think you're right Jan.

Another child of the 50s - TomsMom.
  • almar_2
    almar_2 Posts: 393 Forumite
    ooooppppssss your right still cant stop singing it

and I dont think this is old but also very catchy ...Mr sheen cleans umpteen things clean...Do the shake n vac and put the freshness back...tra la tra le sing as we go hey ho

almar
    Quidco £196 - Voucher Codes £408 - GC Saved £603
    P.A.D. £[strike]4720[/strike] / £4330- Jan GC £375/Spent £283.78
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • bluejeans
    bluejeans Posts: 552 Forumite
    Hiya, I had been advised to have a look at this thread, as a means to cutting down my shopping bill. So i have just bought some at Asda 64p and today will be my first day of using it. I will read through your posts with interest and see where I can use it.

Thankyou
    Bluejeans
    1st January 2012 £2500 and 56lbs debts
    22nd Oct 2014 £1500 and 42lbs debts
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    I cleaned every appliance BM GF grill, Smothie, toaster, FP, etc before storing in new utility room. I was dreading doing the Deep fat frier, I emptyed the oil out and was faced with the task of removing all the stuck on gunge. I used neat Star drops and was amazed at how quick and easy it was. It norrmaly takes ages with Fairy. Wont use anything else now.
  • Well I've been using our favourite product for some time now, and OH cooked dinner the other evening (lucky me) and as usual he used every pot/pan/dish that could be know to man.

This included a large glass pyrex roasting type dish which was so burnt repeatedly from his previous cooking that oven pride and brillo pads have failed.

So when I got around to doing the dishes I remembered Stardrops had really worked well on the baked on stuff in the oven and grill. So I used a sponge to make it all foamy and liberally applied it, and then left it for 15 minutes- rinsed and repeated.

WOW its like new! OK a few bits I had to scrape but prevously I couldnt even get them to scrape off!

I didn't think I could love this stuff anymore than I did, but it continally amazes me!

Winky x
    Right now I'm having amnesia and deja- vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Well I've been using our favourite product for some time now, and OH cooked dinner the other evening (lucky me) and as usual he used every pot/pan/dish that could be know to man.

This included a large glass pyrex roasting type dish which was so burnt repeatedly from his previous cooking that oven pride and brillo pads have failed.

So when I got around to doing the dishes I remembered Stardrops had really worked well on the baked on stuff in the oven and grill. So I used a sponge to make it all foamy and liberally applied it, and then left it for 15 minutes- rinsed and repeated.

WOW its like new! OK a few bits I had to scrape but prevously I couldnt even get them to scrape off!

I didn't think I could love this stuff anymore than I did, but it continally amazes me!

Winky x

He didn't wash and wipe up as well?
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure