Say No to 0870.com - Serious Problems!!

Anybody know what's happened to Say No to 0870.com today?

I've been trying to access it all day without any joy.

Some idea of what's going on would be good!

:confused:

Comments

• Flimber
    Flimber Posts: 736 Forumite
    Working here - via Telewest - but v.v. slow.
  • ianfao
    ianfao Posts: 144 Forumite
    Someone has just told me it was in The Times today so maybe there is an overload on the website.
  • Foxy1075
    Foxy1075 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Ah, but have you tried actually seraching for a number? One in every 5 tries takes me through to the homepage, but every time I try to search for a number it crashes. I've Just noticed the link comment to the Times newspaper for today. !!!!!!, the secrets out. The Whole Of Britain now knows and everyones crashing the system I reckon! How harsh is that? I thought it was our little secret!
  • flyer
    flyer Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I can't get on at the moment and I use it a lot!
    Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
  • Foxy1075
    Yeah I use it pretty much every day as well, after doing a search of previous posts I've noticed the guy who runs the site is a moneysaving member so I've sent him a private e-mail, but there's been no reply as yet. Hopefully it'll calm down when copies of today's Times have been binned, but if not I suppose he'll have to increase capacity, and we're knackered for now! Are there any alternative sites that anyone know of?
  • it was mentioned on the news on the bbc earlier, the sites probably just v busy :)
    Wiggly:heartpulsFB

• Sting_2
    Sting_2 Posts: 149 Forumite
    it also got a mention on the thisismoney website today. Everyone is probably logging on - great if you ask me, I never liked 0870 numbers!

It is a shame I can't log on as I got a letter from my car insurance company saying they are going to automatically renew my policy with them unless I tell them otherwise on an 0870 number. Got a much cheaper quote elsewhere.
  • Foxy1075
    There is an alternative Sting, but only if you know the town that your Car Insurance providers are in, it uses the basis that saynoto0870.com use for some of their numbers:
    Go to Google type in the name of the town and search for the STD code, ie. Chelmsford STD, then when you've got the code (01245), use google again, type in for example Direct Line 01245 and see what comes up, I use it all the time when saynoto0870 doesn't list a number, it works. Try it!!! ;)
  • Foxy1075
    There is another alternative I sometimes use, and only just remembered. If you own an O2 contract phone, either On or Offline dialling an 0800, 0870, 0845 and 0844 number can be included in any inclusive minutes you might have. As far as I know this only works with O2 mobiles, and definitely doesn't include 0871 numbers or 070 numbers so be careful. I've even got an e-mail from an O2 employee confirming this! Good Luck mate. :rolleyes:
  • TonyB
    TonyB Posts: 172 Forumite
    On 'The Wright Stuff ' this a.m. and rather smugly Wright gave thumbs up for announcement that "WE DON'T MAKE A PROFIT ON OUR 0871 No."!!! Bullhit!

Might be protest break thro time if some of us contact him as I have & suggest that he speaks to Martin Lewis who frequently appears on that prog.

Just an idea!!

As usual, off to pub! TonyB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family