Anyone heard of Accuma??

Hi,

Has anyone heard of a company called Accuma??

My friends using them, i think for an IVA, and i wanted to make sure they were okay!

Cheers :beer:
Joined September 2006: £18800.00 in debt:eek:
21/11/06 - £16953.04, :eek:
DFD - Sept 2009:T proud to be dealing with my debt

:j £2 coin saving club: 21/11/06 £0:j

Comments

• Heard about them on local radio, rang them and they never rang back. Went with Debtmatters in the end. Good company but may be worth looking a CCCS as recommended on this site first
    We finally did it! Debt free 28/6/10 :T :beer: :T :beer:
  • always advertising on local website-
    further information http://www.accumagroup.com
    click on site map from which there are various links with lots of information.
  • It's a tricky one because all companies will charge for an IVA. I don't know whether they all charge the same though or how good they are? :confused:

Why don't you phone the CCCS and ask them who they recommend? :think:
  • Yeah they've told her that they dont make anymoney from her, that they claim their charges from the banks!

But i wasnt sure if they could do this, surely they muct be taking money off her?!?!?

i'll look on that site and forward it on to her, thanks very much
    Joined September 2006: £18800.00 in debt:eek:
    21/11/06 - £16953.04, :eek:
    DFD - Sept 2009:T proud to be dealing with my debt

:j £2 coin saving club: 21/11/06 £0:j
  • Yeah they've told her that they dont make anymoney from her, that they claim their charges from the banks!

But i wasnt sure if they could do this, surely they muct be taking money off her?!?!?

i'll look on that site and forward it on to her, thanks very much

Avoid them then!

I'm not an expert but an insolvency practioner (someone who is registered and qualified I assume) must set up the IVA and these people charge. There will be a fee to pay, normally included in the monthly payment but this could cost more than other ways! :confused:
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    its now usual to arrange an IVA on the basis that you pay a monthly fee which includes the the IP cut although some do charge a set up fee (don't do that) but yes you are paying however you look at it. your friend ought to ask exactly what their fees are because it will affect what his creditors will be willing to acccept.
  • Yeah they've told her that they dont make anymoney from her, that they claim their charges from the banks! But i wasnt sure if they could do this, surely they muct be taking money off her?!?!? i'll look on that site and forward it on to her, thanks very much

right clicking on site disabled- answer on frequently asked questions page
    see below
    http://www.accumagroup.com/faq.html
    see section headed 'Individual Voluntary Arrangement'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business