Wembley Arena Parking

Not sure this is the right area for this but I'll fire away.

What is the best parking around Wembley arena for ease of access and getaway regardless of the price (not really moneysaving either !!).

ta
Like a priceless jewel buried in dark layers of soil and stone, earth radiates her brilliant beauty into the caverns of space and time.

Stately trees seem to brush the deep blue sky. Clouds billow to form magestic peaks. The songs of birds fill the air creating symphony upon symphony

Comments

• tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There is parking at the Arena but of course if you park onsite you will have the usual exit problems... Around about the Wembley area there are residants parking only so I wouldn't think you would be able to park in the local streets..
    I am trying to think if there are any private car parks locally but with all the building works going on at present I am not sure what is still open and what is inaccessable now... sorry this really isn't much help.....
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • tonys_3
    tonys_3 Posts: 332 Forumite
    You didn't say when you were going there or at what time.
    On Empire Way in front of the Arena part of the road has single yellow lines where you can park all day free on Sundays.
    The Arena and Conference Centre are surrounded by multi storey carparks that charge £6 per day. The hard bit is trying to leave at the same time as everyone else. Allow an hour to get out.
  • Lady_S
    Lady_S Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    I have always parked in Wembaly Park train station car park, and walked through, last time I went it cost me £3.00 to park, and while it is a bit of a walk ( about a mile) we were out and on the M1 in no time at all.
  • solarstone
    solarstone Posts: 176 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cool thanks for those. It's 12th May in the evening for Santana. I think the railway station idea seems good... will give that a go.

:beer:
    cheers
    Like a priceless jewel buried in dark layers of soil and stone, earth radiates her brilliant beauty into the caverns of space and time.

Stately trees seem to brush the deep blue sky. Clouds billow to form magestic peaks. The songs of birds fill the air creating symphony upon symphony
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    i'm going to wembley on saturday morning to tour the stadium (11.30am) and then see the snooker at the arena (2pm).

is there anywhere in that vicinity i can park for free? i don't mind a 15-20 minute walk away?

the railway station sounds good if it's only £3 but any other cheap or free alternatives?

thanks
  • seftonsun
    seftonsun Posts: 195 Forumite
    tonys wrote: »
    You didn't say when you were going there or at what time.
    On Empire Way in front of the Arena part of the road has single yellow lines where you can park all day free on Sundays.
    The Arena and Conference Centre are surrounded by multi storey carparks that charge £6 per day. The hard bit is trying to leave at the same time as everyone else. Allow an hour to get out.

You can normally park on Empire Way in the evenings as well as Sunday's. Must be a long time since you were there, as the Conference Centre has been demolished and is now a building site.
    Lady_S wrote: »
    I have always parked in Wembaly Park train station car park, and walked through, last time I went it cost me £3.00 to park, and while it is a bit of a walk ( about a mile) we were out and on the M1 in no time at all.

It's closer to a half mile from Wembley Park station car park. Probably seems further?
    carpy wrote: »
    i'm going to wembley on saturday morning to tour the stadium (11.30am) and then see the snooker at the arena (2pm).

is there anywhere in that vicinity i can park for free? i don't mind a 15-20 minute walk away?

the railway station sounds good if it's only £3 but any other cheap or free alternatives?

thanks
    You'll be lucky. Wembley has controlled parking at all times that becomes even more restricted and extensive on event days. Take the station car park option and walk to the stadium straight down Olympic Way. The station is only £1 for all day on Saturday. See the TfL website for details. Scroll down to Jubilee Line for Wembley Park station.

There is also info on getting to Wembley Stadium in their leaflet that you can read here .
  • Parking in any London borough is bad these days and most have match or event day restrictions. www.wembleycarpark.co.uk which I used to work for and know of through parkatmyhouse (see post above) has some good tips.
  • There are a lot of people illegally using car parks around this area and then disappearing when the clamping/removal trucks come around. Be very weary. The park at my house suggestion is good and most times without any problems but sometimes a pain to organise if it's last minute.

Three other websites that are tried and tested are:

http://www.wembleyparking.net
    http://www.csparking.com
    http://www.parkingwembley.com

I think the http://www.csparking.com is the official parking for Wembley, the only problem with them is the traffic leaving and £15 for Wembley arena events and no parking on Wembley stadium events!

The http://www.wembleyparking.net is £8 an event on Wembley arena events and £25 on Wembley stadium events. It says they are insured and opposite stadium.

The http://www.parkingwembley.com seems to only have events listed for the Wembley stadium events and is pricing at £25. Says only a short walk and says the website is secure (shouldn't they all be?).

Either way you can't go wrong with any of those listed by me and the other posters they are all well known.
  • boombap
    boombap Posts: 765 Forumite
    There's a snooker tournament at Wembley this Saturday??
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    squee wrote: »
    There's a snooker tournament at Wembley this Saturday??

errr...........no!!!!;) :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport