I have literally no money!

Comments

• redsquirrel80
    redsquirrel80 Posts: 12,457 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2009 at 3:19PM
    Just remembered about a couple of free food things - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=577933

http://www.golower.co.uk/claim/ (done this before and it arrived really fast)

http://www.shopscansave.com/join.htm

And if you can print things out -
    http://simplyhibi.testingplatform.co.uk/voucher.pdf
    http://www.couponnet.co.uk/ (some free milk on here)
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
  • misspoppy
    misspoppy Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi

I'll send you a food parcel I can't see you go hungry.

Can you speak to HR and see if they can give you an emergency advance?

MissP
  • view
    view Posts: 2,242 Forumite
    Tesco/Nectar vouchers are the first thing I think of, yes you can use them in an Express! There you go, you've got more money for food than you think, you can almost splash out on 50p beans as opposed to 7p!!!

good luck, do remember to let us know how you get on ! x
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Get some oats too for a filling breakfast porridge (less than £1 for a couple of weeks worth if you get shop own brand). Ok I know its not really a summer breakfast but are we really having a summer ?! ;):D

I still eat porridge every morning:p
  • janninew
    janninew Posts: 3,781 Forumite
    Hi

I was in Sainsbury's before and was having a look at their basic's range (trying to get ideas for you!!) and some of the stuff is very cheap. I couldn't believe they had a curry sauce for under 10p! I think you will manage if your careful! If you can go to a supermarket last thing and buy some reduced bread buy as much as you can and freeze it! Lets hope you can use your Nectar points as well! I'm going to keep on thinking for you!
    Jannine
    :heart2: Newborn Thread Member :heart2:

'Children reinvent the world for you.' - Susan Sarandan
  • Surbybird
    Surbybird Posts: 294 Forumite
    One of my colleagues has an allotment - would it be rude of me to ask if they had anything spare do you think? (I do hate the idea of not getting my 5 a day)

I say go for it. I happily give excess veg to my neighbours and work colleagues if they ask for it. I always grow far more than I can ever eat and I am sure that I am not alone in that.
    August £10 a day challenge- £27/£310
  • Hi,

Sounds bad.

For quick cash there's always the old pawnbrokers. Hand over a bit of jewellery or TV and buy it back after pay day. Not ideal but gives you some cash until then.

Otherwise, i often take a load of CDs and DVDs to work and sell them off. Better than sitting on the shelf never being used.

Good luck

Markko
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 August 2009 at 3:25PM
    I live in quite an urban area, so I'm not sure how practical this is. There are a few parks I could check out I guess. One of my colleagues has an allotment - would it be rude of me to ask if they had anything spare do you think? (I do hate the idea of not getting my 5 a day)

I live in a city and near the big sainsbugs there's a "recreation ground" (not really a park just a large area of grass with a cricket pitch type thing) - around the edge of it where it backs onto people's gardens are lots of brambles = blackberries. I'm visiting soon with a lunch box :p

As for allotment - most people I know that have a glut of one particular food would much rather it was given and appreciated than go to spoil ;) At my sister's work the other day there was talk of rhubarb and onions being available from those who grow some in their gardens.
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problem with money.

Can you not get an overdraft from the bank, just enough to tie you over till payday.

I know things are hard for everyone at the moment, but i really do sympathise with people in your position.

If you don't mind me asking -Wat do you do for a living?

Would you not be able to get an advance from work??
    :jTo be Young AGAIN!!!!...what a wonderfull thought!!!!!:rolleyes:
  • GSXRCarlos
    GSXRCarlos Posts: 830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nothing to add, just want to wish you good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts