Wrong Person

Options
Hi

Any advice will be greatly appreciated here i am at my wits end with this.

I received am email back in January from Lowell Finance for someone else who lives in Swansea trying to collect a credit card debt (i live in Devon and my name is not the same as the person on the letter)

I notified Lowell that the email address they had sent this to did not belong to the person they where after and i did not know the person and they said they would remove my email address from the persons account. (Don't know how it got there in the first place as i do not know anybody in Swansea)

Since then i have received an email every other day from Lowell , BPO collections and Lucas credit services all chasing the same Lowell debt i have made several phone calls to the companies informing them they have the wrong email address and have been assured my email will be removed but its not happening everyday or two i get another one from them they just don't seem to care.

Its terrible that they don't seem to be bothered by the fact that i now know from the emails they have sent me the persons name, address, credit card number and what company she owes the debt to and how much she owes. Its really not good information like that getting in to the wrong hands!

Anyone any ideas how i can make them stop?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport