Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    Just got my bonus email at 7pm, i did the switch on wed 1st nov, but started application on 30th.

Received mine late 3/11 (started same date)
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • demorules
    Options
    Just thought I would post a quick summary on my experience with switching to B.

I applied for the B account online on the morning of Mon 23rd Oct. No problem with being accepted for the account. When I tried to initiate the switch using the online form, the page kept timing out on me - eventually, after phoning them, I was informed it was scheduled to go through on Fri 3rd Nov as I had requested. The switch did indeed go through with no issues last Friday, the balance and DDs are all there.

Over the weekend, I transferred £500 from my FD current acc to the B account, then back to my FD acc, and then back to my B account (to fulfill the £1k pay-in requirements). When I tried to transfer this back to my FD acc for a second time, the app said there was an error and it couldn't process my transfer. I tried again, same message. I tried a couple of further times later in the day, to be informed my account was locked. I called them up, explained the issue, and they appeared to be quite helpful and voided the previously attempted payments via the app, leaving just the telephone transfer to be carried out. This happened, but my B account is still locked and when I called this morning, I was told "you've never had £500 in this account so I don't know how you made this transfer". I was then told I need to speak to their security team but they don't start until 8am. I'll call them at lunchtime.

My conclusion - the customer service staff are (on the whole) quite friendly and helpful, but I think their systems aren't robust enough, especially to cope with the volume of enquiries they've had in the last few weeks. Hopefully, once I can get my account unlocked, it'll be straightforward enough to do the second £1k pay-in in December.
  • lala9
    lala9 Posts: 686 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So, today is my switch date, checked my existing bank account and nothing seems to have happened as yet?? Anyone been through a switch recently with CB, does it all happen on the day for the following day? Confused.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lala9 wrote: »
    So, today is my switch date, checked my existing bank account and nothing seems to have happened as yet?? Anyone been through a switch recently with CB, does it all happen on the day for the following day? Confused.

Same here but there's no rush is there. I'm not going to be doing much with mine for a few days. Letting the dust settle :)
  • demorules
    Options

My switch to B went through at some point in the afternoon on Friday. I wouldn't panic yet.
  • MiserlyMartin
    Options
    Be interested in their reply. I too put in a date after the 17th, I didn't see anything to say I had to do it earlier, just had to be at least working 7 days.

I spent all of Saturday trying to get through. I would be on hold for 50 mins then get a message saying "sorry - we are enable to take your call please try later".

When I finally got through I was told that as long as the switch is instructed before the 17th November, its ok. It doesn't matter when the switch date is.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UPDATE

The switch was completed today and everything looks in order. With regards to the first £1,000 I did a credit transfer from one of my other accounts rather than being part of the switch process. Also applied for the Token and received that 2 days later and have used it with no issues.
  • lala9
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    UPDATE

The switch was completed today and everything looks in order. With regards to the first £1,000 I did a credit transfer from one of my other accounts rather than being part of the switch process. Also applied for the Token and received that 2 days later and have used it with no issues.

What do you mean by Token?
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 November 2017 at 2:21PM
    Options
    What do you mean by Token?

A Token appears to be a little calculator type device presumably similar to the one M&S/HSBC use.

Without a token transfers out are limited to £500 per transaction and £1000 per day.

Our switches to Yorkshire & Clydesdale banks happened this morning as scheduled.

On my a/c I tested a £10 payment out and when this worked I tried paying in & out 2 lots of £500 to satisfy the switching bonus requirement only to have the 2nd payment rejected owing to the daily limit so I changed it to £490 and it went through.

The transaction limits are very low but I don't think it's worth bothering to order a Token if you're just in it for the switching bonus.
  • lala9
    Options
    My switch has happened now, my card was declined at the petrol station hehe so logged on and it had gone through. I'm really impressed with these guys so far!! So as long as I pay in £1000 within 31 days of today I'll receive my bonus? And lots of DDs have been transferred across from my old account so I'm ok on that score too I guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure