IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

FINAL REMINDER - SIP LIMITED - Manchester

Options
thismakemesad
thismakemesad Posts: 61 Forumite
Good afternoon all,

A parking ticket was received last year (14/10/16) on Cable Street Manchester - In this circumstance the driver was in Manchester and paid for 3 hours parking. the driver was late back due to a hold up at work, But they made it back within the hour. There is now a final reminder on the ticket.
The bill now stands at £125 but because it has been left so long I don't think they will listen to anything as it is so far past the ticket. Any advice??

Does anybody know the landowner so I could email and explain the situation? I've heard that gets better results?

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please keep this to your original thread if its one of the two tickets you mentioned.
  • thismakemesad
    Options
    They are separate tickets for separate places - sadly, they've both bitten at the same time despite them being months apart. Years of no tickets and two strike at once ! The circumstances are slightly different and I've reworded this one to focus on the help maybe needed. Is that okay? (sorry if not)
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You should amend your original post here to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two separate people as far as this is concerned.
    Parking scammers read these fora. The date also needs correcting.

Separate posts for different tickets is a good idea.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    NO, please don't do that!

We have never lost one v Gladstones! SIP use Gladstones and those are very defendable and you would pay LESS even if you lost at a hearing!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • thismakemesad
    Options
    I have until tomorrow until this goes up to £150 so I'll wait to see any replies :)
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    STOP

did you not read CM's post above ?

you will be added to a list of people who are scamable ....

and

you are helping to fund the scam further .... so are affecting others

sad ..... so sad ...

please reconsider

Ralph:cool:
  • thismakemesad
    Options
    I'm not going to have time to pay it today on their telephone payment system anyway as it happens so if anybody has any hints on how to tackle this, it would be greatly appreciated! If not, I'm going to be on the phone to them on Monday blagging it to come down in price at least - but any tips would be great!
    Long story short, the driver was back late approx half an hour - and now the charge is £125 because it was ignored.
    Hope you're all well, and look forward to your responses
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    Please can I send you an invoice ?
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does anybody know the landowner so I could email and explain the situation? I've heard that gets better results?

Where was the car park in question? Sip parking, like most PPC infest someone elses property to run their grubby business on
    Paying this today - sorry guys, just don't have the time to wait and risk it going up even more :(

Hey, its just gone up another £50.
    the truth of the matter is the sum owed is Zero, nothing, not a penny.
    They can take you to court, but they wont get much more, or even the amount from you that they are demanding.
    if you play your cards right things should work out in your favour, but you seem content to play the victim card, and roll over sobbing look at poor me.
    You will need to spend a little time on this, however you've already signed up on here, created a username/password for this site and posted your original posts and subsequent follow ups.
    Take a good look thorough things and then you will see where you stand and why you shouldnt pay
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    They can take you to court, but they wont get much more, or even the amount from you that they are demanding.

If they do, unless informed in writing to the contrary, they will be communicating with the previous address and could win a default judgement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure