My date stood me up and her phone just goes to voicemail

Comments

• Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    There are ways to remind, without it coming over as a reminder ; just say something about the plans.

I arranged to meet someone on a weekend, she said Sunday was best, so we agreed to do that. On the Saturday morning I left a message to say I would pick her up at 6pm. Arrived home at 7pm, to find a nasty note - Where were you ?
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Dreamnine wrote: »
    And I may have mental health issues but I bet I earn 10 times what you do.

That kind of comment would ensure I never contacted you again.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • leespot
    leespot Posts: 554 Forumite
    Which PMs, and to whom? I no longer discuss any mental health issues beyond feeling tired or lazy as it's counter-productive.

And I may have mental health issues but I bet I earn 10 times what you do.

That type of attitude is what probably put her off, not anything to do with your mental health.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,962 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ash_Mc wrote: »
    Wow... never had you down as this kind of guy.

Hope you have fun replying to this post that cost me ten times less to send than yours did.
    Wow, you dragged up a four week old post to say that? Why?
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I must admit, I was wondering that, too. :(

Whatever someone feels another person's shortcomings might be, surely the time to point them out be when they are said, rather than weeks later?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Ash_Mc
    Ash_Mc Posts: 194 Forumite
    Wow, you dragged up a four week old post to say that? Why?
    Pyxis wrote: »
    I must admit, I was wondering that, too. :(

Whatever someone feels another person's shortcomings might be, surely the time to point them out be when they are said, rather than weeks later?

I don't 'visit' the forum often and checked a thread I'd posted on during a previous visit. I saw the post and thought I'd respond. If you check the thread you can see I posted earlier.

Out of interest, what is the time frame you have in your heads for other people being allowed to respond to a post on a thread? You do know MSE locks threads after a certain length of time to prevent 'old' threads being resurrected?
  • DannyBo
    DannyBo Posts: 5,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ash_Mc wrote: »
    I don't 'visit' the forum often and checked a thread I'd posted on during a previous visit. I saw the post and thought I'd respond. If you check the thread you can see I posted earlier.

Out of interest, what is the time frame you have in your heads for other people being allowed to respond to a post on a thread? You do know MSE locks threads after a certain length of time to prevent 'old' threads being resurrected?

Good for you, Ash.. people need to understand that not every single person here breathes MSE. Some actually have real life business to deal with... so a delayed response is well within the realms.
    Turn your car around.
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Why do people post personal things like this.

Just wondered.

Ok it's the internet. but still.

I am sure there are other sites for this kind of dating trauma.

But having said that, it has happened to many of us. Well it has happened to me. And I got over it. After years of trauma. LOL.
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2017 at 8:43PM
    A little bit peeved. I had a date set up at a restaurant/bar for 7pm and she never turned up. I was left drinking lime and soda for half-an-hour then I came home.

She is not answering her phone. We had one previous date together and I thought things went well, just in a friendly manner with no hints or any expectations of romance.

im single and available

are you only into women btw ?
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Strangley girls? :eek: :eek: :eek:

You keep weird company if you go out with strangley girls. :eek:
    Or maybe:

If I'd been a bit more organised, I could have been watching them live at The Godiva Festival, but didn't feel like going out as it's too humid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure