Tory Manifesto - lies ?

Does anyone know whether, something that was supposed to happen - in the Tory manfesto for the 2017 general election - did actually happen /?
I am talking about the promise to remove the need to pay NI contributions from employers for 12 months - if they employed a disabled person....
As far as I can make out - nothing has changed - I may be wrong - but can someone please confirm or deny this ??

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Nothing has changed. It is not in their plans for the next two years.

Did anyone expect the Tories to be honest? :rotfl:
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Why not ask your MP this question.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    Why not ask your MP this question.
    I will do... thanks
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,818 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Just because something's in a party manifesto doesn't mean it automatically becomes law if the party gets into government - they still have to raise a bill and get it through parliament.

And given the fact that the conservatives don't have an overall majority means that a quite a few of their manifesto pledges are likely to get ditched.

I believe that the Queens speech laying out their proposed legislation for the next two years was particularly short this time (perhaps because, as Dennis Skinner quipped, she was in a hurry to get to Ascot)

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/queens-speech-2017
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether, something that was supposed to happen - in the Tory manfesto for the 2017 general election - did actually happen /?
    I am talking about the promise to remove the need to pay NI contributions from employers for 12 months - if they employed a disabled person....
    As far as I can make out - nothing has changed - I may be wrong - but can someone please confirm or deny this ??

The GE was on the 8th June. The state opening of the new Parliament was on the 21st June. And on the 20th July they all start their summer holidays. Back in September, and then a few weeks off for the conference season.

So of course nothing has changed. Good God man don't you know how Parliament works?

http://www.parliament.uk/about/faqs/house-of-commons-faqs/business-faq-page/recess-dates/
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I'm still waiting for some of their 2015 manifesto promises to be implemented.

...and some from 2010.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    antrobus wrote: »
    The GE was on the 8th June. The state opening of the new Parliament was on the 21st June. And on the 20th July they all start their summer holidays. Back in September, and then a few weeks off for the conference season.

So of course nothing has changed. Good God man don't you know how Parliament works?

http://www.parliament.uk/about/faqs/house-of-commons-faqs/business-faq-page/recess-dates/
    But do you think that they will ...?
  • Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite

Absolutely not. Never.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,818 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary

It's probably somewhere below bringing back fox hunting in the pecking order
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    It's probably somewhere below bringing back fox hunting in the pecking order

Sad, but true.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills