MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Wow, so much is going on. Looks like a few early babies coming our way. That will bump me to the top which I can't quote cope with yet!

Tho, I have a scan on Monday as baby weight and fluid measuring very high. If still looking very big, I'll porbably also be induced early, maybe even next week as well.

Lots going one!
  • They let me escape at lunchtime today after several normal bp's and traces of the baby. I have to go in on Saturday & Monday to have my bp checked & they've also written in my notes to do another stretch & sweep then, I had one yesterday with the consultant. I think I might have had a bit of a show this morning but nothing else really going on so not getting excited as much as I'd prefer to go naturally than be induced. I've restocked the food in my hospital bag, I was starving!! I've got a stinking cold so that didn't help my inability to sleep or my desire to get home as soon as possible! Hoping for a good nights sleep tonight & see what tomorrow brings!

Hope everyone else is feeling ok! xx
  • Bubblepops
    Bubblepops Posts: 104 Forumite
    missymoo wow! That's quite the eventful few days! Have you seen your labour ward? On our stork walk, the MIdwife led centre and the labour ward hardly looked any different (other than the equipment wheeled in if needed). I was pleasantly surprised, hopefully yours is something similar. And like you say, cuddles are nearer than expected! :D

Hope you're a bit less achy, jedi, and that your day at work wasn't too bad?

Hooray for the nursery news auntie pickle!! the get together sounds nice too. Sorry about your iron levels and the sickness, hopefully they settle down a bit.

princess Kate wow to you too!!! Hope you're getting plenty of rest at home now, and that your cold is easing a bit? I don't appreciate being lapped by you and missy, haha!!! :p

janed great news about your appointment! Let's hope baby settled down for a quiet few weeks, hey? And yes-total slob here. I actually got dressed from pj's to jogging bottoms today so I could hang the washing out! :rotfl: my maternity jeans rubbed the skin off my legs, so all I have that fits is leggings (don't fit well), and a pair of skinny jeans that I have chopped the waistband in half on...

Aww to your OH, hippi, and hope you get somewhere to live sorted soon.

Don't you dare, milly! I won't be overtaken again!!! :rotfl: seriously though, hopefully all goes well for you.

AFM-STILL PREGNANT!!! lol, I know my due date isn't til Saturday, but quite a few friends IRL that were due after me have already had theirs, so I'm feeling rather like it will never happen. Nothing doing at all. I'm achy, tired and other than a few twinges and the occasional hardening of the bump, there's nothing concrete happening at all.

Gah-sorry. Will try to be less moany tomorrow. Hope everyone is ok. X
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Looks like a very exciting time for this thread :) cannot wait to read all your birth announcements!

Nothing happening here, 29 weeks today and feeling good. Had a mw apt on Tuesday when she measured me and told me baby is transverse, cue me bouncing frantically on my birthing ball all of Wednesday. Then decided I have 11 more weeks to go and what will be will be!

We're due back on 31st for my anti d injection - the joys!

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• x_missymoo_x
    x_missymoo_x Posts: 484 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2015 at 11:25AM
    Thanks for all the well wishes ladies :) I went into work yesterday for a couple of hours and made sure that all my resources were up to date and also tidied my desk - can't believe how much paperwork I was holding on to :o It felt really strange to walk out knowing that someone else will be taking my desk and my classes! I also saw many of the girls and my form class and I came out with some lovely gifts. I'm going to need to rearrange my drawers again to fit everything in!

jedi - I'm feeling a lot more calm about it all now than I did at the start of the week! The only thing that bothers me is the potential length of waiting around, and how many attempts will they have at an induction before opting for a C-section. I've got a bp check today so will hopefully get the chance to ask that this afternoon. Sorry to hear you're really achey, make sure you get some rest amongst all your preparations!

Pleased that the nursery is now painted, Aunty! Hugs that you've had your meds upped, but its good that you've got a nice lunch to look forward to and to perk you up :)

Keep those feet up Princess! Hope all goes well at your checks. I don't know about you but my calendar suddenly seems very full with all these extra appointments I've got to go to!

I'm pleased everything is ok with you and baby, jane. As for feeling like a slob, I totally agree!! I remember laughing at a pic of someone I know on Facebook who was sat on the sofa with a huge portion of pregnant belly poking out the bottom, and I showed it to DH saying don't ever let me get like that, and definitely not in public... well here I am! :rotfl:I'm wearing bump bands to cover the underneath of my belly as I'm so conscious that it will stick out at the bottom. DH and I also laugh as no matter what I wear to bed, whenever I wake up my belly seems to have escaped :p

hippihaz - I found that New Look have a great range of stretchy fitted maternity tops and T-shirts that are much more flattering than baggy ones. I'm making the most of wearing figure-hugging tops while I can to show off my bump as I've never been able to get away with them before! Anything baggy just hangs at the bottom of bump and makes me look huge, so figure-hugging is the way to go! Fingers crossed with a house sale.

Bubblepops - stork walk, that sounds so cute!! :p We didn't get a tour as our hospital doesn't allow it due to infection control. We got a virtual tour on DVD though and I have to say I didn't really focus any attention on the normal suite as I always assumed I'd be in MLBU. I'll have another watch later today, but I'm not as fussed about as I was before. Hopefully baby doesn't keep you waiting too long - have you got any appointments scheduled in case you over?

krusty - don't worry that baby is in the wrong position, there's still plenty of time to shift and get ready. My mum said my brother was breech the whole time. She had to go in for him to be turned and as soon as she walked out the door, he turned himself back! When it came to his delivery though he had turned himself to the right position and had a normal birth, so try not to worry about it :)
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Hi all,

Looks like a very exciting time for this thread :) cannot wait to read all your birth announcements!

Nothing happening here, 29 weeks today and feeling good. Had a mw apt on Tuesday when she measured me and told me baby is transverse, cue me bouncing frantically on my birthing ball all of Wednesday. Then decided I have 11 more weeks to go and what will be will be!

We're due back on 31st for my anti d injection - the joys!

I was transverse at 30, then breeched at 32. I didnt try anything to rectify it and by 36 weeks baby had manouvered itself to the right position. You still have a lot of time for baby to get into the right position.
  • Angelmommy
    Angelmommy Posts: 418 Forumite
    Wow best of luck for Monday MissyMoo! Also to Princess. It's all go on here this week lol.

I'd hoped for a home water birth this time around. I even have the pool here. Spoke to midwife about it on Wednesday and apparently I can't have pethidine at home - I'd have to go into hospital for that. I'm now a bit worried. Last time I was on the MLU in the pool and tried entonox but it was aggravating my blackouts/seizures so wasn't any good and I had to get out of the pool and have pethidine. I had assumed I could get out of my pool at home and give birth on my bed with pethidine, if I needed to. Quite honestly I'm a bit scared now and gutted that I may not get the home birth I wanted. This time around though baby is unlikely to be back to back as I'll be checked more thoroughly! X
    DD1 June 1997:o
    :AOct 1999
    DD2 May 2004:o
    :ANov 2012
    DS November 2013;)
    DD3 May 2015:o
  • Sorry it doesn't seem like you will be able to have your home water birth as you wanted, angelmommy. Is that a definite or is there someone else you could ask for a second opinion, especially as you said you had done the same thing before but just in the hospital last time.

I had my bp check today and all is fine, the tablets are doing the trick. Had the foetal trace done again and all is fine too, it was funny because the midwife would only take it off once baby had one more peak in movement (I'd already been on it about half hour by this point, and an hour before that having bp checked) so when she went out my Mum and I were poking and prodding baby to get it to move which it did, so baby was good for us today and meant we got to go home :) One more check on Sunday and then that's it, its all go on Monday :eek:
  • krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh I know the little monkey will turn at some point it's just unnerving that its a possibility that she might not. Has anyone else noticed how blimming dreadful their memory is at the moment? I feel I'd forget my own head at times!

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• Angelmommy, sorry you're disappointed about that hun but your midwife is correct. You can't have pethidine for a home birth - it's because it's a controlled opioid drug. The only drug relief authorised for a home birth I think is the entonox.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport