Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,496 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    merrie wrote: »
    My DRO finished today. What happens now? I know my debts are discharged but do I get a letter confirming this? I've heard absolutely nothing over the course of the year and all the information I've found is about how to qualify for a DRO, not what happens after.

No, you don't get anything.

But if you search for yourself on

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/

you should find that your entry shows that the DRO completed. It only stays there for 3 months so we suggest that you print a copy and show it if anyone who contacts you about those debts in the future
  • craig5201
    craig5201 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if go tho cccs do they send out the forms or do they do it all over the phone thanks
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    craig5201 wrote: »
    if go tho cccs do they send out the forms or do they do it all over the phone thanks

from what ive heard they will try to go through stuff over the phone with you, they will send out the forms and ask you to pay the fee and check them yourself, then you need to call them back to have the forms submitted
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Could one of the intermediaries have a look at this?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3116368

Thanks. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Could one of the intermediaries have a look at this?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3116368

Thanks. :)

done and done :)
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    done and done :)

I've added my two pennorth, too :)
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • SingleMumOf2_3
    Options
    I am not sure where to ask this.. so will ask it here. I am subject to a dro. I am looking at moving to somewhere with a garden for my boys. I have seen one but the rent is more. I wondered if there a rules to say I cannot move to somewhere with higher rent? Also.. is there anywhere on this site where someone may be able to help me work out the max rent I can afford? as I also do not want to go for something, to realise months down the line I am struggling to pay the bills. Thanks.
    * Mummy to my 2 gorgeous and amazing boys *
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 18 March 2011 at 6:35PM
    Options
    I am not sure where to ask this.. so will ask it here. I am subject to a dro. I am looking at moving to somewhere with a garden for my boys. I have seen one but the rent is more. I wondered if there a rules to say I cannot move to somewhere with higher rent? Also.. is there anywhere on this site where someone may be able to help me work out the max rent I can afford? as I also do not want to go for something, to realise months down the line I am struggling to pay the bills. Thanks.

Hi single

Cant help out much as i am typing on my phone but as long as you stay within th £50 barrier i am sure you will be ok. As for the rent goto the entitled to website and do a check, you should get redirected to a calculator for the new lha rates when the cutbacks kick in. It did that for me the other day.
  • SingleMumOf2_3
    Options
    I only get 425 towards my rent. I currently pay 500. The houses in the area I wanted are 550. As it stands I have 50 left over after bills.. so to move into one of those I would have nothing spare, so would probably have to cut back on food or something.
    * Mummy to my 2 gorgeous and amazing boys *
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I only get 425 towards my rent. I currently pay 500. The houses in the area I wanted are 550. As it stands I have 50 left over after bills.. so to move into one of those I would have nothing spare, so would probably have to cut back on food or something.

That is entirely your choice single, but remember housing benefit is going down from april (for new claimants) or from the date when your annual sign year ends. This would affect you as you are looking to move to a house with higher rent so you would have to pay even more.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback