IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from ZZPS

Hi all,

Bit of advice required please.

Recieved a ticket for exceeding maximum stay. This was back in october. Remember having the original letter but ignored it chucked it away..

Had a letter from zzps at the begining of jan. Now had another...

The major issue is that the ticket is in my wifes name - i was driving and was at a match so she doesnt really know about it.

Which way shall I proceed. Pay it or will a ccj be issued if it doesnt get paid

Ta

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 January 2015 at 12:49AM
    a ccj can only happen if somebody took the RK or driver to court, the RK or driver loses in court, the judge passes judgement and the appellant doesnt pay this judgement within 28 days

ZZPS are a debt collector

please read the NEWBIES sticky thread , above this one, its designed for people who know nothing about parking invoices and contains all you need to know, albeit you may take a while to understand it all

how does chucking away letters (and ignoring them) help you months down the line when you want help ?

binning letters doesnt magically stop them arriving, or escalating, you need to fight these head on
  • Didnt really want the wife seeing them hence chucking them away :-s ill have a read thanks
  • Redx
    Forumite
    so if the landowner or agent takes your wife to court, surely she would know about it and you would be worse off afterwards ;)

yep, good strategy that , commendable , lol

Judge Rinder has a word for that, starts with S and ends in a D , :)

have a GOOD READ of that newbies thread, you may need it
  • Its not a case of hiding because I didnt want her finding out. I just didnt want here worrying. Besides she is aware of the issue my friend. Hence me trying to sort out
  • Redx
    Forumite
    would have been a lot easier for you to sort out back in october, had you come here, as its now with the debt collectors instead of possibly popla

who is the PPC ? (not the debt collector) - (you never said)

was it in england or wales ? - (you never said)
  • Agree but wasnt aware of popla at the time. In wales with New Generations
  • Redx
    Forumite
    Matthew_c wrote: »
    Agree but wasnt aware of popla at the time. In wales with New Generations

ok, well POFA 2012 applies and they are in the BPA so popla would have applied, if you had appealed in time , but appeal anyway, to NGP , using the template letter, from the RK (your wife)

expect a rejection and to be hounded by zzps too (for up to 6 years)
  • Ok thank you...I will sort the appeal out....hounded for 6 years I can deal with.....Is it safe to say that zzps will not apply for a ccj ?
  • Redx
    Forumite
    edited 27 January 2015 at 1:23AM
    its not safe to assume anything at this stage, nobody can predict the future

we would "assume" that either NGP or the landowner or managing agent may try a court case, I doubt the debt collector can do so , but never say never

if there was no windscreen ticket, the RK can name the driver, then you get a pcn in your own name and appeal it at popla

ps:- I already told you that nobody can apply for a ccj unless your wife lost in court and didnt pay up - this is important, as the ccj cannot happen until your wife defaulted on the court judgement

a ccj can only happen if somebody took the RK or driver to court, the RK or driver loses in court, the judge passes judgement and the appellant doesnt pay this judgement within 28 days
  • No, there was no ticket just the usual cameras with the regs highlighted and a photo of the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure