Unauthorised money taken mwsf.co.uk

Comments

• Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    I'm just as befuddled why so many people sign up to MSE to ask if anyone has any idea how to get the money back when all the info is already on the very thread they have posted on.
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2013 at 12:56PM
    Apples2 wrote: »
    I'm just as befuddled why so many people sign up to MSE to ask if anyone has any idea how to get the money back when all the info is already on the very thread they have posted on.

They can't be bothered to read a single page of T&Cs, so do you really expect them to read a multi-page thread.

It's a lot easier just to ask the question again and expect to spoon-fed the answer.

EDIT: In fact in this particular case it is even worse - you gave the answer in the first post at the top of this page, so no need to read the other 2 pages.
  • A website who I have no idea about has taken 36pound out of my bank........

Why did you give your debit card number out and to a website you "have no idea about"?
  • purepink
    purepink Posts: 38 Forumite
    Not everyone is able to read and/or understand things which have been written. Others may have 'landed' on this page and (because they may well be in such a state of shock at having had money taken from their account) posted on the page in desperate panic? Please don't be too harsh, or it may stop less-confident people asking for help?
    <ducks down under the parapet again, quickly>
  • gb12345
    purepink wrote: »
    Not everyone is able to read and/or understand things which have been written. Others may have 'landed' on this page and (because they may well be in such a state of shock at having had money taken from their account) posted on the page in desperate panic? Please don't be too harsh, or it may stop less-confident people asking for help?

Were they also in a state of shock and panic when they entered their card details on a random website (that they probably 'landed'at via Google) without reading the T&Cs to find out why they were needed?
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    I'd love to agree but I thinik the biggest problem is stating refunds must be request in writing.

People simply will not write a letter, they insist on a phone number or email address.

If more people would actually follow the instructions and post a letter, these brokers would not last long. A FULL refund is an entitlement if cancelled within 14 days so they would make no money at all. After the 14 days they can only retain £5 so it hardly makes a worthwhile business to keep processing the refunds.
  • purepink
    purepink Posts: 38 Forumite
    From what I've read on other Forums, it seems that when people need money and find these websites, in order for their request to be 'validated' they have to enter their details, which includes their card details - and yes, we know that is naive, but yes - they may well have been in a panic - urgently needed money for something. All I was trying to ask is for people not to be too harsh on those posting. I'm pretty sure they have all now learnt the error of their ways....
    But aside from the fact that no-one should ever enter their card details on-line without checking out the site and the T&Cs.... shouldn't someone, somewhere be stopping companies from being able to do this?
  • DeepToot
    DeepToot Posts: 13 Forumite
    Buzby wrote: »
    What was the money taken for?

You voluntarily proved the card number for debits to be made - if the amount taken was in error, you ask for it back. There is no theft involved, so not a police matter.

You are discussing. This foul company stole two separate payments from me of £33 and I will get it back one way or another plus interest. All these ''loan'' companies are just down right illegal, I only ever submitted my details to Wonga.com and I have reason to believe that Wonga have sold on my personal details to these rogue con artists, so don't even mention the Terms & Cons because I never once went on any loan site other than Wonga, I have also contacted Trading Standards and the police to try and finally get the likes of myloan.co.uk and mwsf shut down for good before they destroy other peoples lives, I am also expecting a full refund from them both plus interest, I charge an extra £70 if someone robs me.
  • DeepToot
    DeepToot Posts: 13 Forumite
    From what I've read on other Forums, it seems that when people need money and find these websites, in order for their request to be 'validated' they have to enter their details, which includes their card details - and yes, we know that is naive, but yes - they may well have been in a panic - urgently needed money for something. All I was trying to ask is for people not to be too harsh on those posting. I'm pretty sure they have all now learnt the error of their ways....
    But aside from the fact that no-one should ever enter their card details on-line without checking out the site and the T&Cs.... shouldn't someone, somewhere be stopping companies from being able to do this?

I couldn't agree with you more, yes these sites should not exist in the first place, I went from being broke to in debt thanks to these sites.
  • gb12345
    DeepToot wrote: »
    You are discussing.

What is it that he is discussing?
    DeepToot wrote: »
    This foul company [STRIKE]stole two separate payments from me of £33[/strike] debited the money I authorised them to and I will get it back one way or another plus interest. All these ''loan'' companies are just down right [STRIKE]illegal[/STRIKE]immoral, I only ever submitted my details to Wonga.com and I have reason to believe that Wonga have sold on my personal details to these rogue con artists, so don't even mention the Terms & Cons because I never once went on any loan site other than Wonga, I have also contacted Trading Standards and the police to try and finally get the likes of myloan.co.uk and mwsf shut down for good before they destroy other peoples lives, I am also expecting a full refund from them both plus interest, I charge an extra £70 if someone robs me.

Good luck with trying to get interest and penalty payments from them and getting them shut down.:rotfl:

I assume that you also have evidence that "Wonga have sold on my personal details" if so - pass it to the ICO.

The more likely story is that in your desperation for money for some new shiny thing you have randomly entered your personal details on a website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure