Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Looking for a cashback deal, either sim only or if possible with phone included, but needs to work out very cheap or free.
    Got an offer 2 years ago and worked out free over the 2 years, but can no longer find this offer. :(
    Got one for a family member last month for 2 years, works out at 50p/mpnth and went to get it for another family member and since discover it too has gone.
    Surely there must be some decent offers about?? Not too bothered with large quantities of minutes or data.
    TIA
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    The lowest I've seen on the comparison sites I use works out at £1.50 after cashback. Up to last week the 50p deal was still around with a basic phone. Re3cently I came across a free sim only, but with a very limited package - 100 mins.
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    The lowest I've seen on the comparison sites I use works out at £1.50 after cashback. Up to last week the 50p deal was still around with a basic phone. Re3cently I came across a free sim only, but with a very limited package - 100 mins.

yes saw the 50p one was still around, 2 days later when I went back to order it it was gone! :(
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Lesson 1. IF you know what you're doing and see a deal like that get it and worry about it late; never try to time it too near the end of an existing contract. Unless you're like me - where I always like to make a decent guaranteed profit on every contract and already have more contracts than networks or dealers normally allow, of course.

I haven't checked to see if the free deal is still around, which might suit you if what you said about your needs is accurate. The 50p deal never appeared on the comparison websites I watch every day, even though it was around for weeks (at least). It may come back - or better, which is when I grab mine.
  • patchman
    patchman Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post
    adpeace wrote: »
    In case it's useful to anyone, it appears EE are currently matching the £9/month Three offer in retentions. I was a T-Mobile customer, prepared to move to Three to get that deal, spoke to EE and asked for PAC, and was immediately given a matching offer for 12 months. With the EE deal, it will go up after 12 months so renegotiation will be required, but I did have a preference for staying with them anyway so pleased with that overall.

My 2 x EE SIM only contracts were ending next week so I rang EE yesterday, went straight through to retentions and was offered the same deal for 8.99/month no problem at all. :)
  • Well! I have analyzed the whole list from the link ZhugeEX, and going to make some facts that will make user easier to understand and to decide what deal they should go for.

As of minutes Virgin offering the best deal
    As of Data Package 3 Sim Deals offering best packages
    Virgin Sim Deals are leading in the Total Contract Cost
  • eludlow
    eludlow Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all. Hope this post is permitted, if not please say and I will remove.

I'm going to move onto an iPhone sim only deal (using the Apple upgrade program).

Requirements are:
    minimum 2GB data
    low number of minutes (averaging <100 mins per month over last six months)
    low number of SMSs (average <100 SMS per month over last six months)
    have to be able to tether
    decent roaming deals
    Visual voicemail would be nice

I've been a long time EE / T-mob customer (15+ years) so am going to go and talk to them and see what they can do, but their deals look expensive.

Three look v promising but concerned about tether (and lack of visual VM is annoying).

Any other points / suggestions? Many thanks.
  • Welcome; your post is exactly what this forum is about. I'm sure others will be able to answer it.
  • Hi, I was wondering if anyone could comment on data speeds with Lycamobile please? I'm currently with GiffGaff and their 4g speed is dire, for decent signal at home I need to be on O2 - and Lycamobile look very cheap at 4gb data on 4g for £15 per month on a 1 month contract. Thanks for your help.
  • eludlow
    eludlow Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm thinking of moving to Giff Gaff - interesting to see you say their 4G is dire. Should it not be the same as o2, seeing as they share networks?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure