The ESA medical for people with anxiety and depression

Comments

• andyandflo wrote: »
    Thanks for that - It does seem that I had my wires crossed. The worry I have is that when I mention it at the Tribunal, and as you say I can prove it - in fact there is a record on the DWP database entered by the ESA office that they accept that they gave bad advice, is that why would someone who is ill be so stupid and confirm the application that I was fit for work. Never mind.
    And as you and others have pointed out already, it's about time I had some decent professional advice, as at the moment I have caused so much confusion in my claim, that my ESA claim could not be dealt with from their computer system. At the moment I have withdrawn completely my claim after finding out I had failed.
    Thanks

Get the lawyers involved, A mate of mine took them to the wire, they freaked out and handed over what he deserved, they don't like lawyers the consequence's of defeat and a change to the show is something they would rather avoid.Of course not many people will stand up against them and they know it. My doctor has already thrown the new "Fit note" guidelines in the bin. GP's are well !!!!ed off by Atos as is the job centre staff:cool:
  • Get the lawyers involved, A mate of mine took them to the wire, they freaked out and handed over what he deserved, they don't like lawyers the consequence's of defeat and a change to the show is something they would rather avoid.Of course not many people will stand up against them and they know it. My doctor has already thrown the new "Fit note" guidelines in the bin. GP's are well !!!!ed off by Atos as is the job centre staff:cool:

Hi, I have been told off already about sidetracking threads, so I apologise in advance. Thanks for the info. Tried MP - useless, tried CAB, don't seem to have much teeth! Yes, sod the money, if it takes every bit I have to get the result others have and I need, I agree. Went yesterday to the solicitors. They are very keen in taking action + I don't know who they have spoken to already but, I have a face to face with a guy from DWP coming down from London tomorrow. Says he wants to understand the problem and what can he do to help me feel satisfied uummmm!!!!!!!!
  • utopiandream
    utopiandream Posts: 923 Forumite
    where do you get career claimant from? the forms are not just yes/no answers any one with half a brain cell knows that, and ive found out to appeal using form gl24 and ask on that form to still get paid at the appeal rate which is usually 25% less than the usual amount im told
    also to claim incapacity benefit you need a minimum of 15points not the 10 others in this thread say you need
    write down & number competitions you do & youll see that your lucky if u win even 1 thing in 4000 ! ps if u find an error with a comp tell the site running the comp cheers
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    utopiandream, please note that links in signatures are not allowed. Please remove the link in your signature to avoid inconveniencing the Abuse Team.

With regard to the IB PCA, the ten point threshold is applicable to mental health descriptors.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • I failed my medicial assmenent, even know i suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks and a few other things. i've appealed against and last i heard from them was 1/2/10.

i now get DLA, low rate mobility and middle rate care, it even says they awarded that decsion based on my medicial assement, claim form, furthur info and my nurse.

But ive still heard nothing from my appeal, dont they wrok together and if i got awarded dla base on medicial, then i should of heard something that its been turned over by now. im thinking of contact them or should i wait?, a bit confused on it all.
  • dmg24
    I failed my medicial assmenent, even know i suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks and a few other things. i've appealed against and last i heard from them was 1/2/10.

i now get DLA, low rate mobility and middle rate care, it even says they awarded that decsion based on my medicial assement, claim form, furthur info and my nurse.

But ive still heard nothing from my appeal, dont they wrok together and if i got awarded dla base on medicial, then i should of heard something that its been turned over by now. im thinking of contact them or should i wait?, a bit confused on it all.

An award for DLA is not a passport to an award for IB/ ESA, the criteria for each benefit are very different.

Have you had any help with your appeal? Have you submitted additional evidence? If they have acknowledged receipt of your appeal, I would give them another few weeks before contacting them again.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • i contacted them today to tell them about the dla anyway and they said it takes 5-6 months for a appeal to be looked at.
  • frank3
    frank3 Posts: 1 Newbie
    hey guys i also failed my esa medical for depression and the tribunal went against me.but i got offered my job back so i decided to try workin but i still feel down all the time its been about 6 months since i lost my apeal but has i said i feel ill still and i was wondering are you able to claim esa again even when you lost your appeal
  • dmg24
    frank3 wrote: »
    hey guys i also failed my esa medical for depression and the tribunal went against me.but i got offered my job back so i decided to try workin but i still feel down all the time its been about 6 months since i lost my apeal but has i said i feel ill still and i was wondering are you able to claim esa again even when you lost your appeal

If your condition has worsened you can make a new claim. You will need to get medical certificates for your new claim.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dmg24
    i contacted them today to tell them about the dla anyway and they said it takes 5-6 months for a appeal to be looked at.

You need to submit further information relating to your condition. Your DLA claim will not affect your eligibility for ESA.
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport