Kwik-Fit 25% Off Goodyear Tyres

Have you seen the advert for 25% off goodyear tyres? It's on TV and their web site. Two weeks back I looked up the price of Goodyear F1's and the price was £480. Today, with 25% off, they are £480. Now there are two prices shown online, a book it now price and a pay now price. The later being cheapest but unchanged. Can a company offer an internet only price on their website that is excluded from any offers? Surely if it's their price then it should be included in any offers regardless.

Comments

• melspur
    melspur Posts: 4,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    kwik fit seem to operate to their own set of rules, i personally avoid them like the plague
    i have a feeling i'm not the only one who feels this way about kwik fit cowboys.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    companies have internet only prices all the time
  • But Custardly, Kwik-Fit 25% Off is Kwik-Fit 25% Off surely. Whether it is in store or online, it's all the same company.
  • 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    savercol wrote: »
    But Custardly, Kwik-Fit 25% Off is Kwik-Fit 25% Off surely. Whether it is in store or online, it's all the same company.

If a company wants they can charge differently at every single store.

Im sure on the ads their will be something along the lines of "terms and conditions apply". And these will almost certainly encompass the separation of online and in-store.

In any case avoid them like the plague. Im in the trade and they are well known for offering low starting prices but "finding" or even creating extra faults to make up their margins. National tyres or selecta tyres are usually quite reliable and not a lot more on price.
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • My kwik-fit applies discounts if you ask. I got 40% off a new tyre just by asking when I found myself in need of one urgently (puncture) and right outside my kwik-fit as I noticed. It's worth asking...
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • Hi folks,

Kwikfit saw this thread and wanted su to post a quick statement that'll hopefully clear the confusion

" [FONT=&quot]We started the year with a “January Sale” promotion: 25% off 4 (or 15% off 2) premium tyres including Continental, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Dunlop and Goodyear tyres. This ended on 30th January, and was followed immediately by the current promotion on Goodyear tyres (ends 28th February).

As our price for Goodyear tyres has not changed during this period, that is why you found the same price of £480 for 4 on both occasions that you were researching tyre prices on our website. As well as being available at every Kwik Ft centre the same deals have been available for online customers and in fact on certain tyre sizes the discount is greater than 25%."

Hope this helps folks
    [/FONT]
    Former MSE team member
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    I'm sure you will get tyres cheaper elsewhere, try a local independent or on-line using Black circles or similar
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure