When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Back again after a long walk. So much so youngest got me to carry her so DD could get in her pram :rotfl: I can just imagine what people where thinking :rotfl:

Kids spent their money on toys from the charity shops. I didn't end up picking milk up because I was carrying enough with my own weight and youngests :o :rotfl:

We are back for dinner now chicken and new potatoes with salad for half the littles and veg for the other ;)

Might try and get out of walking down for milk this evening and do it tomorrow. They could have toast for breakfast rather than cereal and I don't take milk anyway so doesn't stop me having a coffee or it'd have been the first thing I did :rotfl:

Other half seems to have realised just how much he costs and how hard it is to manage with his spending on 'stuff' and seems that he's realising it's impossible to keep him happy :cool: it'd be so much easier on my own. He's even driving me crazy and I'm away :mad: I've sent him £10 and said that is definitely all I've got (I have £10 left for us in the bank if needed)

He hasn't got his bonus this week because he was late one day last week :( he just seems to make things so much harder at times. For the sake of leaving the house 5 minutes earlier we're £70 down :(

Anyway not letting the bad get me down while I'm away will worry about it when I get home. Will try and think of a way to struggle through the next week with a rubbish wage :mad:
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you're having a lovely spend free time HI.

How annoying that OH has lost out on £70, thats an incentive and a half right there!!!! Id run to work for an extra £70 :rotfl:

Im sure you will make it through the next week and enjoy yourself for now :beer: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Sounds like you're having a lovely spend free time HI.

How annoying that OH has lost out on £70, thats an incentive and a half right there!!!! Id run to work for an extra £70 :rotfl:

Im sure you will make it through the next week and enjoy yourself for now :beer: xx

He drives me insane at time's honestly! I literally can't do anymore for him other than dress him! That's all he has to do. I make sure he has breakfast/lunch etc. I make sure his clothes etc are out. All he has to do is step out of bed wash and get dressed. He has a coffee made etc. :mad:

Plus the fact he still hasn't curbed his spending at all! Considering I came away with £40 in the bank and £20 in my purse. I left him with £150.
    I've sent £20 to the council tax and £10 to him and he's still complaining he needs more :mad:
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tell him theres no more money for him and that you're buying the kids an ice cream with what you have left as they deserve it more than him :rotfl: He has more than had his fair share of the money this week xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you are having fun a great, and cheap holiday, brilliant, glad you decided to go. Maybe a wake up for OH that he is asking for more money whilst you are managing with much less and have the kids with you!
    Hope the time away is doing you good and you feel refreshed.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I'm loving the time away. I really don't want to go home :o I wish I could stay.
  • Hiddenidenity
    edited 31 May 2017 at 12:14AM
    Options
    Panelbase £12.50 finally hit the bank.

Along with my £10 in the bank I've sent it across to Mr Virgin so for the first time in months we wont have a late payment charge on our next bill ;) Now there's no money in the account to send OH so I'm not lying :p

Need to do a food shop for Friday too. It will no doubt be a bit more than usual as no real shop was done before I came away, plus its half term still next week and OH is on annual leave for the week. Still will make a meal plan and stick to it though.
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning,
    I've just caught up on your diary, you are an inspiration, I don't know how you manage all those children, a frivolous DH and still manage to balance the books :T

My DH is the spender in our house and it drives me insane, I wish I could get him to hand over his wages but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. When we were clearing debts in the past it helped when we had a monthly money meeting :D I would say how much we'd paid off debts and how much we still owed and then he would very occasionally surprise me with a debt payment of his own:eek:

Enjoy your holiday, sounds like you are doing fab with the nsd's and I'm going to subscribe and join you on your journey.

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Hidden
    Glad you're enjoying the holiday with Mum and the kids. I'm sure it's doing you all good.
    I thought that OH had taken your money problems on board but apparently not. What on earth has he managed to spend £150 on in the short time you've been away given that you left him all his meals etc.? Do you never think that you're doing far too much for him?
    Anyway, enjoy the rest of your holiday and recharge your batteries.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi HI,

Sounds like you and the kiddies are having a lovely break, my two love charity shops too...takes after me!

GRR to DH but don't let that spoil your time away.xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport