The Love is in the Air February NSD Challenge

Options

Comments

• freebyfifty
    freebyfifty Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning :)

It is brilliant to see so many of us signed up to February's challenge already.:T:T

January has given us a big target to aim for :eek:

Can we do it???? Yes, we can :j (hands up who's singing the Bob the Builder tune right now :rotfl:)

Have a great Tuesday :D
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    August NSD Challenge 14/15
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Back in again for this month.

So far I've not hit my target but I'm not giving up!

Please count me in for 10 once again :)

Pmo2
    x
  • Motoko_2
    Motoko_2 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello,

Please can you put me down for 15 NSD again please.

Thank you :)
    DEBT FREE on the 23rd December 2013 :beer:
    :j :T
    Sealed pot 7 no 1894
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    2ym65q8.gif

Hi lovely NSD gang:A
    As you can see there is lots of activity on this challenge at the moment and it's difficult sometimes to see how many NSDs you're all declaring on posts.
    Could I ask you to highlight your number of NSDs in a colour and in bold so that I can see them easily when I whizz through the posts - red would be best but I don't really mind as long as I can see the numbers easily.

Some helpful suggestions and ideas to follow below from our sponsor and godmother, BigMummaF :A

NO SPEND CHALLENGE.

1. Have a good, long think about what YOU want to include in your Spend & Excluded categories.
    Some of us count everything from Direct Debits & school expenses, while others do not include things like essential Bills or emergency medical costs. If you plan what is or is not a Spend for you now, it will help you decide on a realistic Target.
    2. It is NOT a race!
    We all have very different demands on our time & bank balance, so please do not think you have to buy everything on 1st January & make it last till 31st December! A few of us have been following this Challenge for a long...long...LONG time so have developed plans & ploys to help us along the way wink2.gif
    3. Most important of all, WE..DO..NOT..FAIL!
    Sometimes we can't quite reach our Target, but that is fine :) Everyone knows how Life will try to trip us up, & that is when you will find us here to help you back on to your feet.

OK, an idea of how some of us do things.
    1. What you will or will not include as a 'Spend'.
    Some people are doing other challenges too, & don't include the money spent on those for this one.
    Some will try to shop for other bits on the days their direct debits etc go out of their bank accounts; they're the real hard core of the bunch sport-smiley-003.gif & have been l-o-n-g time Nsders so don't panic :p
    Some won't count those annoying last minute demands from school & collections as you can't plan for them in advance, likewise emergency prescriptions or visits to the vet :(
    Personally speaking & providing I don't buy anything else, I don't count parking for hospital appointments.(..but then I usually do my shopping because I'm already out :whistle:)
    General thoughts on €bay sales is the buyer has paid P&P so no cost to you :D
    2. It takes Time to reach mega-numbers!
    The First suggestion is the first, because a bit of planning will work wonders on your road to your Target. Have a look at thefirst posts each month for a hefty list of other threads that may be of help. For example, there's a few giving ideas for packed lunches so you can avoid standing in the queue at the bakers for 45mins of your lunch hour! A good incentive to tweak your healthy eating & the pounds you save will show in your bank balance AND your waistline action-smiley-076.gif
    It helps to have various 'money pots' for the different costs that happen like Scouts, dinner money, yoga, window cleaner etc etc. The idea is you "spend" all that money in one hit by..:think:..
    let's say **putting the week's bus fares into the pretty coffee jar, Jo's tumble tots SIZE=2]Weds mornings[/SIZE in the cracked teapot & Ben's £1 coin for the gym locker SIZE=2]Friday lunch[/SIZE in the pocket of the changing bag, on Tuesdays every week when you've got some change from doing the food shop, so an already spendy day. At least four 'spending days' condensed into one ;) (**mine's jam jars for windows, milkman & a bit towards the bills!)
    3. Any day the money stays in your pocket is a bonus!
    If you look at it as a day you beat the system, you can't help but :j so don't fret it--ENJOY! If nothing else in here, we do manage find something to make us smile :D

We have virtual outings to wonderful places that never cost us a bean :rotfl:New York, Edinburgh & Brighton have been a couple & Spoon usually pilots the Tardis but you can use your own transport; my personal favourite has been a sit-on lawn mower borrowed from the cricket club :D The only thing to be aware of is Hubert the donkey who is partial to anything remotely edible but is not yet house-trained :o

And Remember;
    there are no silly questions, so don't be afraid to ask us anything!
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've managed to exceed my target of 12 in January when there were 31 days.

As there's only 28 days in February there's less chance to gain NSDs, so I'm going to stick to a target of 12 again please :)
    Cheryl
  • ButterflyBee
    ButterflyBee Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 January 2013 at 4:03PM
    Options
    I also want to post my NSD but cant! not yet, it must start on the 01Feb for me or I'll be cheating. (secretly 8NSD so far) But shhhh! its not technically Feb so not supposed to applaud :T as I did not officially take part in the Jan challenge!

Well done to all who are on their Feb Target though! :T:T
    Very well done :T
    Return and Restart August 2016
    22 Months to be debt free Aug2016 £12971.00:p:o:p By Jun2018
    PAYDBX2016 #155 = £2268.93/£3414.93 00% paid
    UK Debt #00 = £9857.23/£13039 6% paid
    EmSavFund #204 = £85.00/£1000 6% paid
    Mortgage #00 = £183084/£183093 00% paid
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya :)

i'm going to be realistic & i am going to go for 14 NSDs in Feb :)
    x
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • save_dog
    save_dog Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

As I'm new to this I'm going to go with 12 NSD in Feb :)
    Mortgage: £182,562.17 as at beginning of March 2024 (start of diary)
    Balance as at start of April 2024: £182,021.75

Next goal: sub £175k by December 2024

Daily interest at start of diary (March 2024) £15.11
    Daily interest as at 01/04/2024: £15.06
  • jem1980
    jem1980 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I would love to join in please. I don't do much grocery / essentials shopping through the week, but Internet shopping is my downfall - especially if there's a limited time sale / offer! Going to try for
    12 NSDs in February
    - it's half term in the middle, so going to be a toughie... Good luck all!
    June GC 21st May - 20th June (£78/£200)
  • new_leaf_88
    Options
    Hi Freeby

Can you put me down for 10 NSD's again please with 3 in a row.

I managed to exceed my target by 1 this month so hope that I will be able to achieve 10 in a shorter month.
    :j:j:j

Thank you to everyone for running this thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family