The Ultimate Incentive natters on. Part 9

Comments

• Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Oh he denied it, said the card had been stolen. Then I found a statement from his bank card with a transfer of all our bills money into the account and about 20 more transactions in Paris, all the kinds of places he'd go, sushi, comic book shop, usual museums, hotel etc, but the thing I always remember is my immediate reaction wasn't '!!!!!!!, he stole our money to !!!! about' but 'oh my god, he hired a bike?! He complains washing up is too tiring!' - it was kind of funny when I found that second statement, realised I couldn't actually care less so long as he hadn't given me some horrible STD. Booked to come and see NIM within hours and the rest is history :D
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    OMG Tete what a !!!!! :mad::mad::mad: I feel like Birdie, the least he deserves is a big kick in the goolies. Totally agree with Dinah too, on the sneakiness of trying to turn it around and put it on the other person.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. And so glad you're out the other side!!! :D
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    OMG what a !!!!! too, Dinah!!! At least you ditched him for NIM :D
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • These loser men (and in case the boys start complaining, I'm sure they've had their share of loser women) are making me so angry! What tosspots.

Trust your judgement Ruby, inside I'm sure you know, or have an inkling, what is true and what isn't. Relationships need work, but shouldn't be hard work, and it shouldn't be just you working on them. I'd hate to see you stuck in a marriage in a few years where these little things have escalated into something nastier.

Going to have to go youtube the tipping point as I'm still clueless!

Decluttering going very badly...it's too cold to move from the heater

Saving for a deposit: £11,621.15
    20/25lbs
  • N.I.M
    N.I.M Posts: 2,248 Forumite
    I'm always tempted to seek out my ex and give him a piece of my mind now that I've come to my senses, but of course if I did that now I'd be a psycho-b!tch-ex wouldn't I? :angry:)

Yes, but if some big burly blokes with foreign accents went round and had a word you wouldnt ;)
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    how did I find out? He used my bloody credit card while he was there!!!

Thought you found the plane ticket, didnt know he'd used the card over there.
    These loser men (and in case the boys start complaining, I'm sure they've had their share of loser women) are making me so angry! What tosspots.

Who you calling a loser? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And only one for me but dear god what a woman, in a one year relationship I know she slept with 3 of my "mates" and suspect a couple more along with a "pregnancy scare" after we broke up.
    This was 6 months out of date so I've changed it.
    :j:j:j:j
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Eesh, what a bunch of swines there are out there!

I really feel for you, Ruby, your OH's behaviour sounds completely out of order. But we only know half the story, so you have to go with your gut as the girls have said. Sweet that you have mates willing to go and beat him up - I know it shouldn't be, but it's always nice to know, isn't it? :)

Fuming on all your behalfs! Off to have a cuppa and half a Wispa to calm myself down :)
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Christ we've known some fantastic people haven't we?! My Ex didn't cheat (I don't think so...) but he was a total kn0bhead and blamed it al on me... I sense a pattern! ;) Glad to be rid of him. :D

So cold tonight I didn't want to leave the warmth of the living room so have been catching up on Dexter and sifted through 45 crafty magazines (used to have subscriptions back in the day :o), cut out anything that may be useful and recycled the rest. :) That's 3 magazine holder thingies emptied! :T
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • shrimpy_80
    shrimpy_80 Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    Ugh Tete, what an awful thing to do! I can't think of anything to say that would make it through the MSE swear filters so will have to make do with a few :mad::mad::mad:

I finally tackled the paperwork of doom yesterday, two 'areas' plus had a sort through of the two folders as I was putting everything away, so think that can count as 4 things. Met a caterer last night too and he seemed great so we're going to go with him, he seemed very reasonable price wise compared to a couple of other quotes we had. Momma and Poppa Shrimp have insisted that they will pay for him as well which is a massive help and very fabulous of them.

My friend has got us tickets for Take Me Out - The Gossip in a few weeks as well so I'm feeling like quite the Z-list celebrity at the moment :rotfl:
    Barclaycard [STRIKE]£7,296.35[/STRIKE] £6134.99 - MBNA [STRIKE]£4,182.88[/STRIKE] £3267.08 - O/draft [STRIKE]£569.31[/STRIKE] £413.59 - Capital One [STRIKE]£1477.55[/STRIKE] £1451.44
    Total debt [STRIKE]£12048.54[/STRIKE] £11267.10 6% paid
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What is it with these men! My ex (i was only 17 at the time) was seeing someone else at the end of the relationship. Didn't find out till a couple of years later but can see there were signs now.

Glad there are still some lovely ones out there though!

Ohh shrimpy, exciting about the tipping point. Will try and catch up with that after work on wednesday! We are sending invited out end of Feb/begining of march i think. Most people know when it is anyway but is a Friday so people will have to book it off work.

Love a bit of take me out Shrimpy, you will get to see Mark Wright hehe.
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Blimey Shrimpy, you're going to become a TV regular! :) Sounds fun!

Well done on tackling the paperwork of doom! :T I need a shredder so I can get rid of my paperwork; for ages I've been sorting through it and making little 'destroy me' piles but never actually manage to destroy it so I've now got about 7/8 of these piles stashed all over the place! Going to buy a small shredder tonight and get to work! :) I love shredding stuff, almost as much as I love labelling stuff! :p
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport