Muser1 Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    Yey Alex is here :T

Good luck!
    Mortgage Jan 13 99260.00 87253 April 2017
    Emergency fund 700.00
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Hello Alex, nice to see you 'over here'.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    It was very bizarre, that's for sure. Also involved Gary Lineker and square sausage :D.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: This could only happen in your world, gallygirl.
    Muser1 wrote: »
    Yey Alex is here :T

Good luck!
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    Hello Alex, nice to see you 'over here'.

Thank you both for the welcome. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Friday 13th March, 2015.

Dear Diary,

I hadn't realised it was Friday 13th until writing this! Fortunately, nothing too horrendous has happened as yet.

Between restringing an old violin that I bought a while ago and bidding on a nice violin at an auction, I've started to do a little more work towards the windows and Mrs. K. is now hoping they will be done by the time winter is here once again. In an odd way I like this house, the fact there are still lots of original features is still appealing.

The finances are not looking particularly good at the moment and my savings have more or less slowed to nothing as it seems every bill going has arrived at once. :(

Yours Faithfully,
    Alex.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Friday 27th March, 2015.

Dear Diary,

It appears I am not doing well in updating this diary and yet still post on the old debt one. On the positive side the savings are up, although I would have liked to see a little more saved this month.

On the house front, I'm afraid to say I've done absolutely nothing and the recent record keeping exercise is not quite as detailed as it should be, either. A part of me is considering making an overpayment on the mortgage at the end of the year with whatever amount I have managed to save, yet I am still unsure this is a wise move.

Yours Faithfully,
    Alex.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sunday 29th March, 2015.

Dear Diary,

I thought I'd done rather badly on the savings front this month but have in fact saved £1,405. :) Considering my target for the year is £10,000, I'm still over target. The record keeping is something I'm still yet to face and it's starting to get to that point were I want to forget all about it. As usual, the initial novelty and good intentions have started to wear off.

Regarding progress on the house, that and the record keeping have something in common, excuse for today has been the weather and no sleep last night. In reality, I could have done something this afternoon instead of watching the Grand Prix.

April looks to be an interesting month with both my wife and I going on holiday but not together. She will, I've no doubt, be spending a fortune as this is likely her last "girl's holiday"; the last one to settle down is getting married this summer. I shouldn't spend too much as I'm just going away for a week to Spain with my parents and son, it was free. ;)

Here's hoping the business picks up to February levels as that month I saved over £3,000, even though I've still not a clue what to spend it on.

Yours Faithfully,
    Alex.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £1,405 is a very solid amount, do you have specific plans for your £10k target? :)
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    £1,405 is a very solid amount, do you have specific plans for your £10k target? :)

The amount is actually a not so solid, under target £875. I realised I'd missed January's total from my calculation when updating the Save 12k thread. :o

As for the plans, is this a plan to reach the £10k target or a plan to spend the £10k? If the former, the plan is to keep up the antiques side of the business which fits quite nicely into my main business anyway and if it's a plan to spend the money, in all likelihood I won't spend it. At the moment I am in the process of becoming more involved in my parents' BTL business and eventually I would like to see their 12 properties become a round 20.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well, I've had an evening updating my records which I thought was going to be a lot worse than they actually were. My finances are slightly down but I was expecting this due to the large bills I've had over the last month or so. In an effort to keep on top of things, I've written down all the bills for April, which aren't too horrendous.

On the not so positive (apparently I need to stop saying (and being) negative) side my Land Rover has a large bill looming and is currently off the road. Trying to stay positive means I can smile about my current daily being a [STRIKE]mobile drawing room[/STRIKE] Daimler 4.0ltr borrowed from the parents as it has a tow bar. When not needed and the weather not too bad the classics will be out instead. :D However, Landy must have some money thrown at it for once instead of just being abused on a daily basis.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wednesday 1st April, 2015.

Dear Diary,

I cannot quite believe we are into the fourth month of 2015, the last few months before my son begins attending school seem to be going so very quickly.

Pleased to report I'm getting into the habit of paying my bills on time. I used to leave everything until the final reminder came through before paying it but I've realised it feels much better to pay the bills as they come rather than leaving them. Nothing else to really report financially apart from £67.00 going into the savings today to start April and that next month my wife should also be credit card free.

As this diary is meant to be about my house, I suppose I should report that I have once again failed to do any work to it. However, at least I can cite the current inclement weather as a convenient excuse.

On other matters, I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow's debate - though I always enjoy a good election campaign. My parents are having a bit of a debate get-together so I will be going there to support Cameron, boo Miliband but more importantly to consume their wine.

Yours Faithfully,
    Alex.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts