NST Muddy March Marathon

Comments

• Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Congratulations Mrs Hubbard wonderful news , we found out we are having a new grand daughter in August,,,,,,,,,,,but they wont tell us the name they've picked so ive got to wait for that
  • Sorry have been absent for a few days but have just caught up.
    Life has just been hectic but in a good way over last few days so won't complain too much. Up much too early for a Sunday morning but feet are killing me and needed to get up and try get them feeling better. Too much dancing in heels last night but since can't remember the last time that group of friends were all together the bit of pain this morning is worth it!!

Today am grateful for a wonderful night out, a lazy Sunday and a few unexpected hours to get myself sorted this morning.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

Spendy day yesterday as got food shopping (only a few bits needed) and picked up my new prescription sunglasses. Suspended my contact lense contract as I haven't been wearing them recently (saving £22 a month :) ).

Today should be a SFD. So that'll make 8. I have a few chores to do, some school work to cram in and then I'm off for a super long walk with one of the dogs and my friend, before dinner at mum and dad's. I feel really grateful for all the lovely people I have in my life and having my own home and my health :)

Yesterday I was grateful for:-
    - good weather meaning I got 3 dog walks done
    - motivation to get things sorted
    - my dogs for their company all day
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Morning all! Moll sorry to hear about all the illness. Hope the storm passes soon. Fmess amazing on the NSDs :) mothernerd great post. Thanks all for your interesting posts, too.

I've been at 80kg for the last week (did go to 79 which was target weight). Have eaten only good stuff,portion control is good and no snacks whatsoever SO I can only assume that fat has converted to muscle (tummy almost flat now and I have the calves of a runner). Boobs WILL NOT GO! Still at least a G and only have 2 bras that fit around the ribs. Tricky with the amount of exercise I'm doing as I have to keep washing them.
    Money-wise, all is well. One month to my wedding and most stuff is done and paid for. April will be a stretch but after that we should be able to save a lot more. I have £900/£1000 in my 'emergency' fund and about £400 in my ISA. Don't want to touch either.
    Looking forward to a swim with little one in a bit and already had a run and did some arm exercises. Then meal out with my 'yoga baby buddies ' - some of whom I haven't seen for months.
    Happy Sunday all!
  • Morning all :coffee:
    Today will be mostly me being boring. Which is good for me :p
    I'm tired, so will relax.
    Need company so will go to visit my mam for a catch up and free feed.
    Hoping for a complete non-event of a day (fingers crossed)
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks everybody :)

Moll Wow that's a brilliant bargain! We're not telling names either, there's always someone who says something to put you off :)

I had a naughty day yesterday :( McDs breakfast as hubby didn't fancy anything in and I thought well if he's having brekkie out so am I. Then lunch at a carvery with mother & father in law and niece which was planned and not expensive. Next to mothercare where I tried on a few bits but am looking for them on ebay but we did buy a toddler carseat restraint thing ( needed - our little man is a houdini) and 1 Flash babygrow as little man has a Flash tshirt and we thought it'd look cute together. Then bobbed to a friends to share baby news and ended up staying for takeaway. I hang my head in shame!

We're out today meeting friends at the beach for a vw thing but have packed stuff to make our own brews, we'd usually nip to the McDs nearby. Will be having lunch out though so another spendy day :(

Lost my motivation for some reason this last few days so need to get my head back in the money saving mode.

Catching up on last few days challenges - have now cleared my bedside cupboard and thrown some stuff away and have a small pile for the charity shop. Also picked out 3 pairs of pants to sell. Need to do the wardrobe next. Round at my mum and dads tomorrow and their bookcase is always good for a raid of whatever's new to start reading.

Use it or lose it Unusual ingredients I usually see if my mums got before I buy, also if I've just one thing I need rather than go to the shop as she's so close by. My hubby, his brither & his dad all swap tools they need rather than all have them. My mum used to have an allotment and always gave us lots of stuff but has given it up now. Once the gardens done I'd like to grow a few bits we have a lot of - salad, tomatoes, strawberries, etc

Wellbeing We went for an hours walk with the dog yesterday and will be out most of today wandering around the prom. Nice bit of sea air is good for the soul. I always feel refreshed walking by the sea or rivers, canals, lakes :)
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Day twelve Inspiration
    mothernerd wrote: »

The first to Apologize is the Bravest
    The first to Forgive is the Strongest
    The first to Forget is the Happiest

Day Twelve
    Use it or Lose It
    No you haven't lost the plot and neither have I (pretty sure about that). I spoke yesterday about the need to treat yourself with the same courtesy that you would a friend.

So today I would like you to repeat this exercise, for yourself. I still remember things I said in my twenties that make me cringe. Casual remarks or something that sounded different said out loud than it did in my head and yes sometimes, something that was meant to be cutting or hurtful.

Let go of all those remarks (if the friend is still speaking to you, it can't have been all that bad). Stop them taking up headspace, just learn what you can from them and let them go.

Day Twelve Wellbeing
    Unsubscribe from unnecessary (or tempting) e-mails.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Does today's post make sense or am I going against the spirit (or intention) of the original post? Sorry got a nagging headache and not thinking straight.

I know that I expect much better behaviour of myself than I would expect to receive from others and I think we all tend to hold on to things too much. Just let it go (don't sing, please don't sing).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Makes sense to me! Stop being your own worst critic, right!?

Gratitudes:
    1) An amazing hen meal out - useful presents and a real heart to heart
    2) discovering a new swimming pool which is gorgeous - spent an hour there with the little one
    3) a cheap (ish) weekend despite two)(planned) meals out - all in all I think I spent £60 this weekend which is well within budget
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Ooh another NSD taking me to 5 for the month so far.

Thought I would spend today as really need soya milk, popped into Tesco on Fri but could only get 6 cartons, I usually buy 16 at a time. Had to go to rubbish tip with some metal but there was a queue while a lorry took away one of the skips so by the time we had unloaded and visited my mum and nieces the shop was shut.
    Will try to get some in the week instead.

Today I am grateful for:
    1. Lovely weather
    2. Time spent on our field and allotment
    3. The lovely village I live in - loads of people stopped to chat while I was on the allotment ( a public footpath runs along the front of them all)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure