Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Comments

• Hope lunch out was nice Pennywise xx

DH was late back from work so we went for afternoon tea instead which was lovely, but DS/DD were put out that we had gone without them, they cheered up a bit when I revealed I had brought them both back a cake a s there was too much for myself and DH to eat.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Morning, all I seemed to have done this morning is paper work and list making.

Finances have been checked and thanks to £bay and survey payments £25 has gone to debt. Mr M order came last night £92 which should hopefully be the majority of what we need up to payday, have allocated another £25 for top ups of fresh bits but I hope not to spend that amount. I also sent back 25 carrier bags so that should be £1.25 returning to card.

2 week meal plan -
    16th -fishfingers, chips & beans
    17th - lasagne & garlic bread
    18th - chilli chicken and bean stew & rice.
    19th - Rst gammon, rst pots, yorky puds & veg
    20th - cottage pie& veg
    21st - cheesy pasta bake.
    22nd - salmon parcels, wedges and veg.
    23rd - Beef casserole, mash & veg
    24th - chicken curry, rice & naan bread.
    25th - pizza & salad.
    26th - pork casserole,Rst & veg
    27th - Freezer leftovers ?
    28th - meatballs and spaghetti
    29th - meat and potato pie & peas
    30th - sausage, egg hash browns & baked beans.

fruit/yogs/ice cream/hm cake for puddings.

I will need to buy more milk.bread, fruit, veg and sandwich fillings next week, but hopefully we will make it through with a £25 budget.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Todays to do list -

Wrap £bay parcels.
    list £bay items
    Make a list of items for DD/DS Christmas stocking, cost has crept up over last couple of years and have ended up spending a fortune.
    Put away piles of washing currently on dining table.
    General tidy around.
    Make butternut squash soup.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hope you had a nice day, penny.

I do love doing stockings for my children. I always put in a giant chocolate Santa to bulk out the stocking.
  • Stocking list for DS/DD, they wont get all of these items but its a list of low cost items that I can pad out a stocking.

DD
    Beauty/fashion magazine (I will pick one with a free gift).
    £1 selection box.
    Xmas socks.
    Stationary
    Starbucks gift card (£5)
    Hair accessories
    Lipbalm/make-up
    face mask
    Nail varnish/nail gems
    Novelty mug/travel mug (seen a cute unicorn travel mug)
    Bath bomb
    candle
    body spray
    Bubble bath
    Fashion jewellery
    Adult colouring book.
    gloves
    coin purse
    eye mask
    hair mask/oil
    phone case.
    Bubble gum.
    chocolate santa or reindeer (thanke chanie)
    DS
    Football magazine.
    £1 selection box
    Novelty socks
    Mini football/stress ball
    Pens
    ITunes/Game giftcard (£5)
    hair wax/gel
    Novelty mug
    hot chocolate satchets + marshmallows
    Joke book
    mini puzzle
    hand warmers
    body spray
    shower gel
    gloves
    wallet
    key ring
    Jelly sweets/beans
    sports bottle
    chocolate santa or reindeer (thanks chanie)

Lots of this can be bought cheaply in the pound shop or as add ons when doing an amazon order, £bay also has lots of these bits cheap as well.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,099
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I used to do the same for my two, I used to buy 10 items for £2 each or less. Your lists are uncannily similar to what mine used to be. I've done Mr SA a Christmas Eve goody bag before with beer, fancy crisps and Xmas socks. I've often wished someone would do the same for me but it never happened.

Butternut squash soup is my favourite - this week I've got butternut squash and kale soup for lunch, it's lovely.

Sounds like you've been very productive. Make the most of your time off, before you know it you'll be back at work.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I used to do the same for my two, I used to buy 10 items for £2 each or less. Your lists are uncannily similar to what mine used to be. I've done Mr SA a Christmas Eve goody bag before with beer, fancy crisps and Xmas socks. I've often wished someone would do the same for me but it never happened.

Butternut squash soup is my favourite - this week I've got butternut squash and kale soup for lunch, it's lovely.

Sounds like you've been very productive. Make the most of your time off, before you know it you'll be back at work.

I would also love a stocking but it seems us mums/wives get forgotten about, although DH did come home with a choccie advent calender for me.

Must admit I didn't get round to making the soup (job for tomorrow) but did get quite a few bits listed on £bay.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I would also love a stocking but it seems us mums/wives get forgotten about

I give OH a list of stuff I’d like in my stocking. I literally give him a list with the item, shop, size, etc. Sometimes, I buy the items myself if it’s easier and give him to wrap them up.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,099
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    One year I gave Mr SA and DD a list of things I wanted for Christmas so they could pick something off it. They literally got me everything on the list. So I ended up with rather a lot of perfume and books that year!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Thanks ladies I have dropped some hints this weekend, which I know DD has picked up on, she will keep the men in the house straight :D.

Quite a chilled out weekend, dropped DS off yesterday morning at a school event and DH took me for breakfast, then home and pottered about tidying up, made a chicken and mushroom pie and flapjack, then got caught up on some surveys.

Today we have walked the dogs, DD has been working and DS has been doing homework and playing xbox. ebay listings have been done and a couple of items have sold.

Need to have a check of finances to see if there is anything to put to one side, always get nervous around Christmas time and like a little safety net, I may stop over paying debt until January.
    I have made around £30 on £bay this weekend but some of that has gone on a present for DS, £5 mast£rcard redeemed from Isay which I have paid off debt, £10 received into paypa1 from GTM and £2.50 redeemed from opin1on 0utpost.

I need to work out what presents are left to buy/make and rough cost. But that's a job for tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure