Salary advice

Comments

• goatfertility
    goatfertility Posts: 42 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2017 at 9:51PM
    tykesi wrote: »
    So blinded by your jealousy you can't even recognise your own bitterness.

Ever thought that people on higher salaries might actually deserve it for all their hard work over the years?

People on NMW are usually there for a reason, that reason and the words hard work don't usually go hand in hand.

Wow, broadening your attack I see. Now all people on NMW are there for a reason? Clearly we don't deserve to be paid as much because we don't work as 'hard'? Nice.

Believe it or not, some of us in the legion of the great unwashed are better qualified than you. That might come as a bit of a shocker. Although, at this point that fact should be undeniably obvious.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Wow, broadening your attack I see. Now all people on NMW are there for a reason? Clearly we don't deserve to be paid as much because we don't work as 'hard'? Nice.

The trick is to work smart, not to work hard.
    Hard working people stay on NMW.
    Smart working people get out of that trap.

Now, stop trolling.
  • The trick is to work smart, not to work hard.
    Hard working people stay on NMW.
    Smart working people get out of that trap.

Now, stop trolling.

So we've now regressed down to troll-accusations? Speak for yourself.

All this talk of smart working vs hard working. Nice generalisation, sadly it holds less water than a sieve. Where can we start. How about those oh-so-smart premiership league footballer players. So much smarter than those pesky hospital nurses or carehome workers (like my wife) Low pay serves them right, apparently.

Meanwhile, let's support the people who have 'nout better to do that cry about how life has treated them a poor card because they're only paid 30k. I want to wretch.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 April 2017 at 10:51PM
    Not sure what exactly your problem is but I bet it is hard to pronounce?

Step back and think - if you are not happy with your income/life then change it rather than pick on people who are doing better than yourself.

You are outraged at someone earning mere 30k per year? You would get a heart attack to know how much say contractor Project Manager gets per day. And so what?

Each to their own so look at ways to improve your own prospects to make yourself a happier person rather than make yourself look like a teenage girl winging an blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings.
    How about those oh-so-smart premiership league footballer players. So much smarter than those pesky hospital nurses or carehome workers (like my wife)

You are confusing smart with intelligent. Those do not always go together or mean the same.

Have a good night.
  • Not sure what exactly your problem is but I bet it is hard to pronounce?

My problem should be blindly obvious at this point. It's people who come here to defend those who have the gall to cry about not being hosed down in enough cash. Outrageous.

Step back and think - if you are not happy with your income/life then change it rather than pick on people who are doing better than yourself.

I'm actually extremely happy that I have a job, period. Although I'd love for a meagre 2% pay rise unfortunately I live in a time and place as do so many others where that is basically a non existent pipe dream

You are outraged at someone earning mere 30k per year? You would get a heart attack to know how much say contractor Project Manager gets per day. And so what?

Pointless argument, guess you didn't read my last post. Try again

Each to their own so look at ways to improve your own prospects to make yourself a happier person rather than make yourself look like a teenage girl winging an blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings.

So at this point you've run out of stream, failed to produce any sort of intelligent retort or come back and have so eloquently reverted to name calling, yet again. Full marks.

You are confusing smart with intelligent. Those do not always go together or mean the same.

Evidently you're clearly an authority on the subject of 'intelligence'.....

Have a good night.
    Yes, excuse me while I go back to eating my cake.
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,666 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes, excuse me while I go back to eating my cake.

Your posts aren't adding anything useful to this thread. The OP asked for advice about being paid less than a colleague with less experience and just because they're on more money than you doesn't mean it's not an issue. If £26k is the average wage then millions are earning more than this. These people are entitled to come onto this board when wanting advice.

No matter who we are and what we are going through tgere will be people both better off and worse off than ourselves. That doesn't make our own experiences any less valid.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm actually extremely happy that I have a job, period.

Some people are more ambitious than that. Accept that fact.
    Although I'd love for a meagre 2% pay rise unfortunately I live in a time and place as do so many others where that is basically a non existent pipe dream

Stick to your excuses but don't try to put down people who want more and are able to get what they want without using excuses like you do and pouring their frustrations onto others. You dream while others plan and succeed.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh dear - you really are completely up yours?

I came to UK with no English and a 1 yo kid under my arm.

Fast forward few years and see where I am and where you are.

So please do not give me crap about lack of opportunities for people who were born here.

You keep on about hospitals - sorry to break your bubble but I have spent 15 years working in the NHS in all settings: primary care, acute and mental health.

So REALLY - get your coat and stop trolling.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    What's amazing me is he's going on about his battered focus, but he actually bought it NEW Eleven years ago .

My Micra is 13 years old. I bought it at 8 years old. Never had a new car in my life!

I am however on over 30k. Where's my damn Porsche?!?
  • What's amazing me is he's going on about his battered focus, but he actually bought it NEW Eleven years ago .

My Micra is 13 years old. I bought it at 8 years old. Never had a new car in my life!

I am however on over 30k. Where's my damn Porsche?!?

Oh, sorry, was that Porsche yours? I may have thrown it out thinking it was one of my old ones; I tend to get through five or six a year. I earn over £32K, you see.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure