Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Comments

• balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Andi1688 wrote: »
    Hi managed to get flights from Liverpool for just over £200 for 4 adults and 1 child so quite happy so far!
    Would you recommend booking the hotel with the 2 nights free option or to wait to see if they do another offer closer to our travel date which is January 29th to Friday 2nd Feb!
    Tia x x

so you are going for 4 nights? Then the 2-nights free deal will be just about the best price you'll get, and if you're seeing that price now, book it now.
    Andi1688 wrote: »
    Another question is it worth adding the half board option to our hotel package? Also what's the best option to travel from the airport to the hotel, we are staying at Santa Fe!

no, don't pay for any dining package at DLP, its restrictive and there are cheaper ways of eating while you're there.

For 5 of you I'd book shared transfer in advance with rstransports.com - you are highly unlike to share with any other party ;).
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 August 2017 at 5:32PM
    We have booked the 2+2 free nights, Newport Bay, ompass rooms next June. With that deal we get 5 days park tickets, however we won't get 5 days as we would be travelling on the first & last days. So we thought we might go the day before & stay in an outside hotel that night but I have a few questions. What time could we check in to Newport Bay, as I assume we wouldn't get the park passes until we check in. Is that correct? As there are 7 adults & 3 children, we thought a private transfer would be cheaper than the Disney bus but would it seat 10?
    Also, not booked flights yet as ? Too early ( ridiculous prices at the moment). Looking to fly from Manchester or Liverpool. When is best time to book?
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • balletshoes
    Katykat wrote: »
    We have booked the 2+2 free nights, Newport Bay, ompass rooms next June. With that deal we get 5 days park tickets, however we won't get 5 days as we would be travelling on the first & last days. So we thought we might go the day before & stay in an outside hotel that night but I have a few questions. What time could we check in to Newport Bay, as I assume we wouldn't get the park passes until we check in. Is that correct? As there are 7 adults & 3 children, we thought a private transfer would be cheaper than the Disney bus but would it seat 10?

you can check in very early (ie around 7am if you want) on your check-in day at the Newport Bay Club, you will get all your park passes and hotel information, can leave your luggage at the luggage store in the hotel reception area, and head off to the parks for the start of Extra Magic Hours that day :). Your rooms may not be ready at that time, but if they're not, you just come back to the hotel when you're ready later in the day/at the end of your park day to collect your room keys.

some private transfers seat 10 - but you'll probably need to email the companies for a quote.
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks Balletshoes. Do you have any recommendations for hotels near the park? I've read that the associated hotels run shuttles to the park but would this take us further away from Newport Bay? Would we all need to check in or could it just be me as I made the bookings & paid with my card.
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • balletshoes
    Katykat wrote: »
    Thanks Balletshoes. Do you have any recommendations for hotels near the park? I've read that the associated hotels run shuttles to the park but would this take us further away from Newport Bay? Would we all need to check in or could it just be me as I made the bookings & paid with my card.

there are loads of hotels and apartments near Disneyland Paris, either served by free shuttle buses or in val d'europe. The associated hotels start at the end of the road where the onsite hotels begin, so no, not far away from the Newport Bay Club at all. The free shuttle buses drop off at the park terminus, which is next to the Village entrance, so from there you'd walk through the Village (10 minutes) to your hotel.

To check in the lead person needs to present their passport details and booking confirmation, but thats all thats required, so just you as lead would be fine to check in.
  • so instead of the half board, where except macdonalds is good value for 2 adults and 2 kids to eat?

many thanks
  • balletshoes
    davebefc wrote: »
    so instead of the half board, where except macdonalds is good value for 2 adults and 2 kids to eat?

many thanks

Vapiano and Five Guys are new to the Disney Village at DLP and good value, and groupon.fr often have offers for Rainforest Cafe and/or Planet Hollywood, also in the Disney Village. Then of course theres Earl of Sandwich which is good value and a good variety too.
  • aj9648
    aj9648 Posts: 1,372
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi

Just looking at booking a hol to Paris for 2 adults and 2 kids (6/3). I'm looking at either October half term or Dec hols.

Is it best to go for all in one booking with Disney on their site or do it by yourself? Any good value travel sites I should be going with instead

I've spent the whole morning looking at things - what a minefield!!
  • balletshoes
    aj9648 wrote: »
    Hi

Just looking at booking a hol to Paris for 2 adults and 2 kids (6/3). I'm looking at either October half term or Dec hols.

Is it best to go for all in one booking with Disney on their site or do it by yourself? Any good value travel sites I should be going with instead

I've spent the whole morning looking at things - what a minefield!!

do you have to go at either of those times of year? With young children I wouldn't, I'd pick either Feb half term, April holidays (as long as you avoid Easter weekend itself) or May half term. October half term is traditionally one of DLP's busiest periods of the year as all French, as well as most European, schools are all on holiday at the same time. A Xmas school holiday trip also needs to be planned carefully, as Boxing Day right through to when the French schools return to term after New Year are also very busy.

As far as the booking goes, if I know I want to stay onsite I book my hotel package (ie park tickets included) with Disney, and then source and book my own travel separately. You can drive, take the Eurostar, or fly, there are many options for getting there from the UK.
  • aj9648
    aj9648 Posts: 1,372
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    do you have to go at either of those times of year? With young children I wouldn't, I'd pick either Feb half term, April holidays (as long as you avoid Easter weekend itself) or May half term. October half term is traditionally one of DLP's busiest periods of the year as all French, as well as most European, schools are all on holiday at the same time. A Xmas school holiday trip also needs to be planned carefully, as Boxing Day right through to when the French schools return to term after New Year are also very busy.

As far as the booking goes, if I know I want to stay onsite I book my hotel package (ie park tickets included) with Disney, and then source and book my own travel separately. You can drive, take the Eurostar, or fly, there are many options for getting there from the UK.

Thanks. Thought I found a good deal on a b&b Disneyland hotel. Then realised it doesn't include resort tickets!! The resort tickets are not cheap!! Ouch!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure