Iqor called over 14 times in 1 week for non-existant debt

I am being hounded by a company called Iqor over a supposed debt to eBay. I have checked with eBay and I owe them nothing.

My question, is it legal for them to be hounding me like this?

a) How can I stop them?

b) What can I do if they keep calling me?

This is their calling schedule for the last week:

05/12/12
0846 - Home
0847 - Mobile

04/12/12
1422 - Home
1423 - Mobile

03/12/12
2040 - Mobile
2039 - Home
0914 - Mobile
0913 - Home

01/12/12
11:39 - Mobile
11:38 -Home

30/11/12
12:42 - Mobile
12:41 - Home

29/11/12
11:52 - Mobile
11:51 -Home

I also received a couple of SMS messages to my mobile.

Are they breaking the law by calling so much in one week?

Comments

• Did you answer the calls if so how many and are you sure you do not owe ebay money as they may of sold the debt on so in theory you don't owe ebay anymore it would be iqor
    CashBack earned to date - £1244-58
  • CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative
    CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative Posts: 287 Organisation Representative
    Hi deepindebt, thank you for your query regarding Iqor
    If you have not answered any of these calls and explained they are contacting the wrong person then contacting yoy repeatedly could be seen as reasonable action but if you have answered the calls and told them they have got the wrong person and they still contact you that may be seen as harrassment. I would suggest that you write a complaint to them stating you do not owe the debt and asking them to stop contacting you by telephone or text until they prove you owe the debt. Send the letter recorded delivery and keep a copy and if they do not respond or you are unhappy with their response you take the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can find more information about disputing debts and the Financial Ombudsman Service at www.adviceguide.org.uk
    Hope this is of assistance.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure