No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2017

Options

Comments

• lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    UU

Nivea Soft Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream 200ml - I used this on face and body and it's a great all rounder. It moisturises the skin without being greasy. WDBA.

Herbal Essences Seriously Smooth Conditioner 200ml - I love Herbal Essences and this conditioner did the job. WDBA. Plenty to use from the stash first though!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    A heads up, this serum has mineral oil as one of the main ingredients which make it too expensive for what it is. Mineral oil is useless for the skin. It even makes me breakout :eek: I love Clarins but I was gutted with this one. Obviously, it is a matter of choice ;)

I have just seen on C Hurons instagram page that as from Sept this will not have any mineral oil in the ingredients.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    I have a body lotion that was sent to me to test. I decanted the remaining into a pot and will try to UU it this month.

I have now UU'd this. So one unnamed product out. Wish I knew what it was as I didn't particularly like it.

Also another one: Murad Anti-Ageing Blemish Advanced Blemish & Wrinkle Reducer. For the price, I didn't feel that I got good use out of this. Also unsure about the effectiveness. However sometimes you only see it after stop using it.I like the texture and it was very easy to apply though. I might buy again, if I find a good deal.

1 IN: Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in Natural. I had £10 worth of Debenhams points so this cost £17 and I needed something like this to use in summer. This gets very good reviews and I only used once but really liked it.
    ally.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Thanks for that asajj, will give it a miss. Have plenty more serums/oils to go through :(

GMAT

Looks like they have decided to remove mineral oil from this, from September :T Too bad I can't take my serum back for a replacement :p
    ally.
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    UU

Safemate Hand Sanitising Gel 57ml - Had this in my work bag. WDBA but have other hand gels in the stash to get through.

Aussie Miracle Recharge Colour Lightweight Conditioning Spray 250ml
    - I love Aussie products and have always enjoyed using their conditioning sprays on my hair. WDBA. Have another Aussie spray in the stash to use up.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • fudgesmoothies
    Options
    2 UU and a few essential in's

UU:
    Clarins Exfoliating Body Scrub for Smooth Skin 100ml WMBA. I got this as a freebie from the girl on the counter when i used to work in Boots. I did like this and haven't used anything with a similar formula, but the price tag is ridiculous! I'd happily use again but not sure i'd ever buy it for myself.
    Imperial Leather Marshmallow Shower Cream WDBA. Love this, smells incredible. This bottle seemed to go quite quickly, but never the less i'll always repurchase

In's:
    Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo and Conditioner I don't have any full size shampoo and conditioner left, only minis!
    Imperial Leather Bubble Bath - Marshmallow and Muscle Soak On offer in tesco and needed something soothing to help shift this cold
  • mad_scientist
    Options
    2 more UU!!!

8. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish 200ml - WBA I'm not sure it's a HG but I keep using it, I have a mini and I think another full size in my stash and I want to try the Botanics version to see if its a cheaper alternative

9. Lush Rub Rub Rub - WBA, I really like the fragrance of this and it's good and scrubby, I just need to remember to use scrubs more often!

Keep up the pampering ladies :T
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 June 2017 at 1:52PM
    Options
    Soooooooo who has been drooling over the new UD Naked Heat palette?! It doesn't launch until 20th July, so safe for now - but ooooohhhhhhhh I want it! Perfect colours for me - but I already have 4 UD palettes, not sure I need it :)

I really want to new red/wine coloured eye liner (Alkaline) too - it's amazing :T

http://www.beauddiction.com/2017/06/urban-decay-naked-heat-launching-june-12.html
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    2 more UU!!!

8. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish 200ml - WBA I'm not sure it's a HG but I keep using it, I have a mini and I think another full size in my stash and I want to try the Botanics version to see if its a cheaper alternative

my local aldi have a liz earl versoin that is very good according to the papers. I looked at the ingrediants and they were very good, but i resisted as i hate washing my face.

I have been very lazy for the last few days no make up or progress. I have a headache that made me go dizzy. I know it is stress and overwork, anxiety and sheer pressure. I have time off in july and i intend to relax.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fixx wrote: »
    Soooooooo who has been drooling over the new UD Naked palette?! It doesn't launch until 20th July, so safe for now - but ooooohhhhhhhh I want it! Perfect colours for me - but I already have 4 UD palettes, not sure I need it :)

I really want to new red/wine coloured eye liner (Alkaline) too - it's amazing :T

http://www.beauddiction.com/2017/06/urban-decay-naked-heat-launching-june-12.html

One for me to check out on holiday. I think I'm likely to pick up either a Lorac Pro palette or Kat Von D. This Naked one looks very similar to the Anastasia Beverley Hills Modern Renaissance palette.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family