Boilerjouice & phoning

Hi,
I have difficulties with Boilerjuice phoning me before the oil just turns up. I am quite busy (usually), so i need to be contacted ............which seldom happens. I was just about to get in the car when they turn up with the oil. I cannot stay in for about 2 weeks just in case they come. When the chap delivers the oil they say it is their fault and it happens many times. So i will now go back to my original suppler who gave me a date and time (approx)......and was never any problems. It may or may not be any dearer, but then it would be worth all the less stress etc.

Comments

• Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Is your oil tank locked, meaning that you have to be there ? I've never had a problem with deliveries - they just turn up, fill the tank and pop a delivery slip through the letterbox. Even if I do happen to be at home they don't knock on the door - they just get on with it. Which is fine by me.

As a slight aside, I always ring around half a dozen local suppliers every time I place an order, and to date Boilerjuice has never once been cheaper.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Boilerjuice saved me £85 over the price of my usual supplier at the last fill. They then issued me with an extra £24 credit, because the'd made up a builk delivery in my area.

The tanker delivered to my (unlocked) tank without me noticing and the ticket was just pushed through my letterbox.

It was a firm I'd never dealt with before, but the driver obviously had enough common sense to deal with everything unaided. I'd imagine most individuals who pilot large lorries aruond our lanes. day-in, day-out, could do similarly.

Is the issue that the tank is locked away somewhere? It's hardly Boilerjuice's fault if it's inaccessible. I've always understood that they just set up the deliveries by negotiation with suppliers, and that convenience for the latter is paramount, as it should be if they are giving a discount.

We'd all go for Waitrose service at Lidl prices, if it existed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure