Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You're tearing through that to-do list! Great work
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 8 April 2017 at 9:23PM
    Options
    Unfortunately not Kitten, most of what I've done today wasn't even on my list :o

Ds earns £23 a week from his paper-round, he gives me £10 to put away in his savings account and he has been saving the rest as he wanted something for his computer game. On ebay they go for roughly £140-£160 second-hand :eek: However, as long as he saves the money he can spend it on it if that's what he wants. So, he's been saving for a while, and we did bid on a couple but they got above £150 so we stopped. Then everything happened at school last month so I told him we wouldn't be bidding for a while. He has continued saving his money, he got up to £165, and today I agreed we could bid again. So, he only went and won the item for £99.50 including postage :money: He is so, so chuffed and is already planning what he can put the remaining money towards. He said there is nothing he particularly wants at the moment so he'll carry on saving again. I'm pleased for him and pleased with his attitude too, he literally hasn't spent a penny of his paper-round money since Christmas ;)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    One more load of washing done, last load in at the moment. I've been to the tip, it was absolutely heaving with everyone taking their garden waste. Then popped into Aldi, got a bag of potatoes, a loaf of bread, 4 pints of milk, 2 litres of cornish ice-cream, box of tissues, 4 bags of sweets and some burger buns and it came to less than £7.50 :money:

Today I'm planning on cleaning the car inside and out, then organising the garage a bit and trying to sort the paperwork stuff tonight. Lots of time mooching in the garden too :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Well the mooching in the garden has happened but none of the rest of the plans. Mum came round this morning, so that was spent in the garden, then ds announced that none of his shorts from last year fit anymore (he has grown loads recently), so we've been shopping and got 2 x shorts (£25), a pair of sunglasses (£12), hayfever tablets (£5), trainer socks (£6), a drink (£1.25), some bits and pieces in £land (£13) which included 110 finish dishwasher tablets for £8 which was a bargain ;) Altogether though a lot more money than I'd banked on spending today :o
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning, I've done the food shopping order, it's coming tomorrow, I have finally discovered clicksnap on quidco, so added a couple of bits to my order that should get money back on there. We'll see how that goes, but it does look a useful way of getting some good offers :)

Ds has done his paper-round and is in the bath now, then will be tidying his pit of a bedroom ;)

The weatherman said the good weather wouldn't last til today but the sun seems to be shining quite nicely already, we'll see if it lasts. I need to get crossing a few things off my list today too I reckon.
  • benbenandme
    edited 10 April 2017 at 5:06PM
    Options
    Quite a productive day so far, we've emptied Mums garage, theres just two boxes left indoors at hers. We've also cleaned the car inside and out (saving £16 on the valeting place I normally use :money: ), I've also binned tonnes of paperwork although there's still quite a way to go with that job.

Time for a list up date;
    [STRIKE]Prep and freeze parsnips[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clean the car - inside and out[/STRIKE] DONE
    Bring in suitcase & box of clothes from garage and unpack
    [STRIKE]Another trip to the tip[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Mattress to the tip[/STRIKE]DONE
    Single mattress to Mums garage
    Make new filing system for new house stuff
    [STRIKE]Empty any of our stuff from Mums garage[/STRIKE] DONE
    Plan for a car boot sale
    Clean windows / Find window cleaner for conservatory
    Buy a bin for the bathroom
    Buy double plug sockets for bedrooms
    [STRIKE]Join clicksnap[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Text ex-Mil[/STRIKE] DONE
    Call hospital and chase ds appointment
    Buy a home phone
    Ironing
    Laminate new mortgage chart
    Pay in cheques
    Cash in scratchcard
    Post 2 x letters
    [STRIKE]Pay ground rent portion from flat[/STRIKE] DONE
    Set up new dd (halifax account)
    Complete change of address stuff
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Last night we went to a pub quiz, me,ds, Mum, my sister and her eldest son. We came last but one but it was good fun :)

Today I have so far tidied both bedrooms, upstairs just needs a hoover now. One load of washing is in, the Tesco delivery is coming between 9-10 and a friend is popping in later on to help finish the last bit of flat-pack hell :)

I want to get the ironing done this morning and the paperwork sorted today, might sneak in a walk to the beach later too if the sun stays out :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    My tesco shopping is delivered and put away already, however I'm not quite sure what I was up to when I did the order, I've got 6 x 2 litre bottles of fizzy drinks, 6 bottles of water (clicksnap offer though) and a large bottle of squash and hardly any food :o I say hardly any food, there is plenty of meat (lamb, beef, minced beef and salmon en croute) for dinners but hardly anything else, no bread, milk,cheese :o:o
    Hmm, I think someone wasn't really concentrating there, I didn't even order any chocolate which is unheard of for me ;) So, looks like I'll be popping into Aldi later for a few bits :o
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Hello,
    Just popped in to say how well you are doing. I do hope you had your walk on the beach as it is a holiday after all and you haven't stopped yet!
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thanks Squirrel, I am chilling regularly, and it's making me feel more relaxed knowing I'm getting jobs done and getting the house sorted if that makes sense :D

So far today I have gutted all my paperwork and put most of the old stuff in one big box at the top of my wardrobe, my box file is now set up for new paperwork stuff for the new house, so that has helped me feel more in control. I have a small pile left which is stuff that needs actioning in some way.

I have changed my address online with a couple more places (Tesco clubcard etc). Ds and I have taken Mums mattress back to hers and we have tidied the garage up a bit, we have got all the unpacked boxes into the garden and I'm trying to slowly work my way through them.

The ironing is still not done but am sure it can wait a bit longer ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family