Monzo vs Metrobank plus getting cash

Options
Hi,

I've got both a Metrobank account and a Monzo card. From what I've read, neither of them charge any commission or fee on Euro transactions and just use the Mastercard rate. Is that right, or have I missed anything? Is there any reason to use one over the other?

Also, if I want to get some Euros in cash, am I better going to whichever bureau TravelMoneyMax recommends, or just withdrawing on one of the above cards when I get to France?

Have read the MSE guides, but they don't seem to answer the above.

Cheers

Pete

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have two perfect cards for use in Europe and the only difference is Monzo's weekly/monthly limits on cash withdrawals. The MasterCard rate is always significantly better (on the same day) than exchanging cash at any bureau.

When using an ATM be sure to decline any offer of exchange rates or 'conversion' when drawing cash euros, so that the card converts your pounds and not the ATM.

If you happen to be departing from Stansted, Gatwick or Southend you can withdraw some euros at the MasterCard rate using your Monzo card in a MoneyCorp ATM by making sure that you select 'Without Conversion' when the screen displays a choice. (This is not possible with any other ATMs.)
    Evolution, not revolution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport