How to help someone who just can't see...

2»

Comments

• AndyR_3
    AndyR_3 Posts: 324 Forumite
    Yeah, but an overdraft wouldn't hlep me get any of my sales targets anyway. If I was playing that game, I'd have told her to take out a package account for a monthly fee, and pretended that included an overdraft. Or sold her a loan, or a credit card, both of which would have earned me some more money and still saved her money.

It's wierd, before I came on here, someone wasting money wouldn't have bothered me - now I get really annoyed.

Still, it's her £100, her loss. I think the APR on her loan is over 1000% :o
    Amazon sellers club - member number 63.
    January challange - sell 10 items. 0 down, 10 to go!
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Seaxwyn wrote:
    AndyR, I can sympathise a little with that woman. Obviously in this case your advice was good, but I do get really sick of bank staff trying to sell me something I don't want every time I set foot in the bank. If I'm trying to pay in a cheque or whatever, the staff always offer me loans, ask if I've had my mortgage reviewed recently, etc etc. It's extra annoying as it was the bank who set me on the path of taking out ever larger loans, which are now a thorn in my side. And whenever I have looked into loans, remortgaging etc, theirs are never the cheapest or best products on offer. so your customer may have just blocked your helpful advice seeing it as yet another unwanted sales pitch.

Sorry I hope I haven't caused offence, as I think your advice was good and I'm glad to know there are caring bank workers out there.

SEaxwyn

That's the part of my job I hate the most-we have sales targets to meet and I as a part timer have to get 10 referrals a week for customers to see personal bankers for loans,mortgages etc.I hate asking but if I don't and I don't acheieve my figures I could lose my job and though it's only part time it's £500 a month I would lose.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • AndyR wrote:
    Yeah, but an overdraft wouldn't hlep me get any of my sales targets anyway. If I was playing that game, I'd have told her to take out a package account for a monthly fee, and pretended that included an overdraft. Or sold her a loan, or a credit card, both of which would have earned me some more money and still saved her money.

It's wierd, before I came on here, someone wasting money wouldn't have bothered me - now I get really annoyed.

Still, it's her £100, her loss. I think the APR on her loan is over 1000% :o

I'm sure you were being genuine - and I'm sure some of the times staff at my branch have tried to persuade me to do things they were genuine too.

The problem is that your average customer will usually have no way of knowing when you're being genuine or when you're trying to hit a target & after a while it all just gets filtered out. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure