PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Free Tenancy Agreement Document Download Please

Hi, could any one give me a web address from which I could down load a free Tenancy Agreement document or does any one know where I could obtain a free Tenancy Agreement document.

Thanks

Bigted

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Try:
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk
    http://www.singingpig.co.uk

A tenancy agreement is something you should consider paying a bit for though. It's your security. If you want a bad tenant out you've just got your Agreement and the law. And many bad tenants really know their stuff.
  • tbs624
    tbs624 Posts: 10,816 Forumite
    You could join one of the Landlords' Associations - you'll get a discount on your buildings insurance, access to advice from other Landlords via the forums, plus access to documents such as tenancy agreements, S21 notices, inventory preparation etc. They are also a valuable source of help if things go wrong.

See: http://www.rla.org.uk/ or http://www.nfrl.co.uk/ and before you DIY have a look here http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/unfair_contract_terms/oft356.pdf
  • Bigted wrote: »
    Hi, could any one give me a web address from which I could down load a free Tenancy Agreement document or does any one know where I could obtain a free Tenancy Agreement document.

Thanks

Bigted :hello:

so you are relying on your legal protection for a £200k asset on something you got free off an internet chat room.... smart business move....

just make sure you also ask for advice:
    -free accountancy to handle the tax
    -legal advice on your obligations regarding smoke alarms, gas safety certificates, insurances, fire doors
    - how to serve notice, get it a day wrong and it isn't legal
    - how to evict muppet tenants
    - how to credit check

this is a business - basing it on a document you got for free is a bit "interesting"

£100 to join a professional landlord's association with legal helpline could turn out to be the best £100 you ever spend
  • clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    no one EVER knows how good or bad their tenancy agreement is - until they are in court - if you have got one from a "dubious" source - you may have A VERY expensive mistake on your hands - if you get one from National landlords association or another professional body, then at least you stand a good chance of getting it right

an AST is there to protect the interests of BOTH parties ..... work it out .....
  • tbs624
    Dastis wrote: »
    .......I like websites like this MoneySaving Expert and LandlordExpert as they genuinely seem to be helping people rather than taking advantage of them.
    although IMO LLExpert does like to blast you with constant advertising and only offers support to LLs and property investors rather than to *anyone* who has a query.

Any connection to LLE at all Dastis?

It just seems a bit odd replying to a 6 month old query - you know, a bit of forum "grave digging " followed by what sounds a bit....well.....adverty?

I did wonder if you'd get a few tenants signing up though when I read this bit.....
    .... Even when I needed to evict a landlord I found all the information and documents I needed.
    (my underlining)

There you go folks, the solution to those pesky LLs who like to let themselves in to your rented home now and again....................:D
  • Thanks for this topic, renting off relatives and just needed a quick/cost effective way to sort it out. (As we trust them and they trust us).
  • 3plus1
    3plus1 Posts: 821 Forumite
    We're tenants in Scotland and downloaded one from the Edinburgh council website: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/internet/Housing/Private_tenants_and_home_owners/CEC_letwise

If you're in England, you may strike lucky with your local council website. Our landlord didn't want to organise a formal written tenancy agreement, so we offered to do it for him.
  • tbs624
    Sorry I meant tenants! doh. Just found this forum when i was looking for an AST and thought my finding .. might help others.

No links to any website, just really like free ones with detailed information that help those that cant afford to pay for it or might only need a bit advice here and there.
    Sorry, but anyone who can't afford to pay for the legal documentation necessary to let out property should not even think about becoming a LL. What we are talking about here is a sum of 50-75 quid to protect an asset worth thousands £ ( Become a member of a LL association for around 75 quid & you get kept up to date with legislation, have access to legal support and in the case of the RLA,can buy a Plain English Campaign tenancy agreement for a fiver IIRC.)

If the potential LL doesn't have even that low level of funding then how is s/he going to cope with tenancy voids, boiler breakdowns, repairs contingency fund.......
  • shmo87
    shmo87 Posts: 10 Forumite
    hi, I'm sub-letting and am wondering if anyone knows of a tenancy agreement for just the rooms and where can I get one from? Thanks.
    Impartial view on electrical deals! :D
  • A good one is www.lettingexpert.com there are free agreements on there plus some tips
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure