Car no claims bonus proof -help!

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That's true, the problem is that for most people it isn't cost effective to stay with the same insurer.

But you're right there are benefits sometimes of staying with the same one.
    I believe esure also have lower charges in subsequent years (or higher in the first year depending on how you want to look at it).
    Or at least they did at one point.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Press the spam button on this scammer!

They charge £190 for a fake "proof". If they ever bother sending you it! And you can be sure your insurer will see through it with grave consequences for you!
  • raskazz
    raskazz Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    spannasq4 wrote: »
    <site removed>

The registrant of the website is located at:

339 Harborne Lane
    Harborne
    Birmingham
    West Midlands
    B17 0NT
    United Kingdom

The email address linked with the PayPal payments is:

[EMAIL="aleksandrakokot&#64;live.co.uk"]aleksandrakokot@live.co.uk[/EMAIL]

I have sent full details of this scammer to:

• The Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB)
    • The Motor Insurer's Bureau (MIB) to disseminate to its members
    • Crimestoppers
    • The Insurance Fraud Investigators' Group (IFIG)
    • The National Fraud Intelligence Bureau

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Quentin wrote: »
    Press the spam button on this scammer!

They charge £190 for a fake "proof". If they ever bother sending you it! And you can be sure your insurer will see through it with grave consequences for you!

His address is
    Harborne Lane
    Harborne
    Birmingham
    West Midlands
    B17 0NT
  • whatever you do dont ever ever sighn up to ecar insurance,,,its a scam,,,they promise the best cover at low price,,,you will never convince them of no claims discount,,,license details.even when your paperwork is 100% they never received it,,even recorded delivery... they make fortune from the cancelation fees ,,75 quid a time..i worked in insurance for 20 odd years and wish i,d thought of this years ago,,legal robery.
  • I have received my proof of no claims for 6 years from my previous insurer, but it also says on the letter:

"We confirm 06 years no claims discount on vehicle registration ......
    Not protected no claims discount with no claims.
    This no claims discount has not been proven as no proof of bonus was received at inception"

That doesn't look like it's going to be good enough, is it?
    Please help
  • Quentin
    As long as you have the original proof to show another insurer (should they want it), then there (should!) be no probs.
  • I can't find anywhere any official legislation or law which clarify's how one would obtain a NCB after an incident.

Everywhere i look on the web it says "No claims bonus (NCB) is also known as no claims discount (NCD). For every year of driving without making an insurance claim, you are awarded one years no claims bonus."

I have made insurance with a new insurer where they require proof from the previous insurer in order to accept my 1 years NCB.

Back in Oct 30th 2009 I lost my 3 years NCB (been driving since 2006) for having a very slight bump, as my automatic car rolled forward into a stationary vehicle as we were stuck in a 4 hour long journey in grid lock traffic on the A2... I have 0 damage on my vehicle and I was at fault as i got caught sleepy, when i assumed i had the gear into P. The other car only had a slight imprint of my registration plate on his bumper, slight dots.

I lost my 3 years NCB for that....thats fine i accept that... but i have had to pay hundreds-thousands more because of this...

What im not clear about is having spoke to the previous insurer... they said im not entitled to 1 NCB after the incident date as It was during a policy or something...and that you can only earn a NCB by sticking with the same insurer for that whole year!

Now... the facts are

8th June 2009 policy started
    30th Oct 2009 Incident date (lost 3 years NCB)
    8th June 2010 policy renewed^without NCB (got to wait til oct?)
    30th Oct 2010 (still driving and insured) Is this one year??
    Policy ended 20th Dec 2010
    ^all that listed is with the same insurer...

The old insurer gave some document which stated

"We confirm the above client was insured with this company and at the time of the policy on 08/06/2011 the client was entitled to 0 Years"

My new insurer isint buying it.

Have i got my maths wrong? or is there a law stating it must be a full year policy not based on the incident date, but policy start dates...??

i would appriciate some help
  • Quentin
    You get awarded a years NCD by the insurer for completing a full policy year without a claim.

(Not for going a year since your last claim!)
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Your paying hundreds and thousands more because you caused an accident.

As above take out a one year policy and make no claims during that policy term, They reward you with 1 year no claims.

Policy ended before the full year was up so zero no claims will be awarded.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure