Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• Alex444
    Alex444 Posts: 143
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    David_e wrote: »
    If what's worth it? If your delay was less than 3 hours you aren't entitled to compensation under the Regulations so there wouldn't be any point in pursuing that.

Yeah, just what I thought, my claim with Thomas Cook has more foundation.

The £10 charge really got my back up.
  • Raur wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wanted to say thank you to this forum. I happened upon it a few weeks ago and realised we may be entitled to compensation for a 5 hour delay flying from Glasgow to London in May. I used the template from this website and posted recorded delivery 25th October. After a week I'd heard nothing so I submitted it via 'ask a question' on their web site having seen others mention here they'd had better responses that way. Within a couple of days we'd had an e-mail stating our case was referred on to a supervisor and on Friday received another confirming we are eligible and attaching a form to be completed, signed and returned to process payment. I am delighted with their response (mind you maybe I should save that until I see the money coming through:)) and am grateful to everyone who's taken the time to add their advice in here.
    Thanks again

I've made a claim on behalf of my in-laws as they don't have internet and I book all their flights and everything goes to my email address, and have now had a request for a similar 'consent' form to be completed with bank card details on it. They've not actually specified that they are paying out but I assume from the email asking for the form to be filled in and sent that they are going to. This was for a delay due to their checkin systems going haywire on October 15th. Irritiatingly, I'm still awaiting a decision on a separate claim I made for my own flight that went in prior to this claim.
  • After 3 emails from easyjet saying my claim was under investigation I was informed that the 3+hours delay was due to an Air Traffic control strike and the claim was rejected. No mention of this strike at departure airport or inflight The flight in question, no,8642 was the 1410 VLC to LGW on 15/7/2010. Can this fact be confirmed, and/or was the strike specific to Valencia.
  • barrance37 wrote: »
    After 3 emails from easyjet saying my claim was under investigation I was informed that the 3+hours delay was due to an Air Traffic control strike and the claim was rejected. No mention of this strike at departure airport or inflight The flight in question, no,8642 was the 1410 VLC to LGW on 15/7/2010. Can this fact be confirmed, and/or was the strike specific to Valencia.[
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    barrance37 wrote: »
    Can this fact be confirmed, and/or was the strike specific to Valencia.[
    Looking at flightstats for departures around the same time, every flight seems to have suffered delays, some shorter than yours some longer.
    I would guess that their strike story may be true
  • Ebola
    Ebola Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hi all.

Amazingly EasyJet have just contacted me and said yes I am entitled to compensation, was fully expecting them to try to fob me off, but a very painless process. However they are asking for the last four digit s of my card I booked with. Now I can't remember if I booked it on my companies CC or if my company paid for it out right. With this being the case am I (as in me and not my company) entitled to the comp or would it go to my company? Am I able to supply different payment details?

Hope so one knows :)

Mike
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It goes to the passenger, not your company.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Hello, any advice/help will be much appreciated. Cancelled Flight no. EZY5296 18.40hrs Milan to Gatwick on 22.6.11.
    Was going to give up on pursuing this as easyjet claim extraordinary circumstances 'air traffic control restrictions', but having found this thread, seeing something on watchdog, and now hearing about easyjets massive profits, I would like to pursue through Court. Have already done everything else. Does anyone know if any claims for this particular cancelled flight have been successful? Or is there any possibility that there were traffic control problems (no mention was made of this at the time- we were led to believe it was staff shortage reason). We weren't given a flight back until two days later. I did contact Italy's CAA equivalent, but after an acknowlegement, never received anything further.
    Thanks in advance!
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Or is there any possibility that there were traffic control problems (no mention was made of this at the time- we were led to believe it was staff shortage reason). We weren't given a flight back until two days later. I did contact Italy's CAA equivalent, but after an acknowlegement, never received anything further.

Caz3121 mentions, in the post above yours, having a look on flightstats.co.uk to see if other airlines were delayed.

Does seem odd if the reason was given as staff at the time - but then the pages on here are littered with cases of airlines giving different reasons at different times.

Not sure it helps you get to a conclusion but Article 5(2) of Regulation 261/2004 says:

"When passengers are informed of the cancellation, an explanation shall be given concerning possible alternative transport"

Were you given such an explanation?

• Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Write back and say that account is now closed, so send a cheque, or pay BACS direct to a/c no: abcd1234 sort code: la-la-la etc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback